In Mail, how to create an Inbox-like folder for Bulk Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stewartx, Apr 28, 2013.

1. stewartx macrumors newbie

Okay, bear with me while I try to explain this. I currently access two email servers (Yahoo & AT&T - adding more) using Apple's Mail (Mac OS 10.8.3). At the top of the Mailbox List within the left-hand pane of Apple's Mail (under "Mailboxes"), there's the normal Inbox, Sent, Junk, and Trash folders, each with a sub-folder for each email server. When I click on the Inbox, for example, it shows the contents of both sub-folders under it - the incoming mail from both email servers.

Further down the Mailbox List, the two email servers are listed once again, with a group of folders related to each. Within that list, there's a "Bulk Mail" folder for each email server. At the moment, any bulk mail received is automatically placed inside one of these two folders.

What I'd like to do is create a "Bulk Mail" folder (at the top with Inbox, Sent, etc), with a sub-folder for each email server, and have it behave just like the Inbox (Sent, etc) folders - click on the folder and have it show the contents of the sub-folders under it. The goal is to group the multiple folders into one so I don't have to watch each individually.

Is there a way to do this, and how? I've spent hours (searching, attempting various things, etc) trying to figure it out myself. :confused: Thanks for your kind assistance.

2. Spikeywan, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

Spikeywan macrumors 6502

Down the bottom left, click the '+' and select 'New Smart Mailbox...'.

Give it a name (like 'Nigel' :D), then select 'Message is in Mailbox', then select the first junk mail box.

Then click on the '+' on the right hand side, and repeat for the other junk mail box.

[​IMG]

3. stewartx thread starter macrumors newbie

Not exactly what I was looking for, Spikeywan, but perhaps close enough. I'll give it a try for a while. Thanks.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You do understand that the Junk folder does what you described? It includes a subfolder for each of your accounts.