In my cart, shipping for retina iMac was 7-10 days. Next day, 2-3 weeks.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eroxx, Nov 11, 2014.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It happens, I was trying to buy an iPhone 6, I saw it was in stock for local pickup, but by the time I was able to finish putting in the info to buy it. The phone disappeared.

Buy it, and with a little luck, the shipping estimate will improve :)

3. greenhost macrumors newbie

I am from Russia and have the same estimate.
    I try investigate why delivery take to much time and in Apple support I got the answer: "if you buy non common configuration your iMac will be assembled for you"
    About luck: currently UPS tracking tells me that the parcel will come a week ahead of schedule

Good luck!

4. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Is it a configuration you could pick up an Apple Store or brick and mortar?

5. vkd Suspended

vkd

You should think yourself lucky they would ship it to you at all. Why didn't you offer to pay double?

6. Col Vandal macrumors member

I noticed the same thing. The stores seem to have the base model in stock but nothing else. If you tweak anything, the time slips to 2-3 weeks. You'd think that after two decades of supply issues Apple would be better at this. Then again, I guess they don't have to be.

7. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

Or...

Its a very popular iMac. More popular then they thought it would be and its tough to keep up with demand.

8. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Probably a slight panel shortage since it's a new display.

9. Balok macrumors newbie

ordered one (i7' 295x) on the 30th Oct. on Monday it had moved from processing order to preparing for shipment, now it's back to processing order again. Feel a delay coming on...

10. neil1980 macrumors 6502

In theory that could be just a day longer wait.

7-10 days is working days... so taking the weekend into account 11 working days would push it into the 2-3 week bracket.

Still waiting for mine to budge from processing (ordered first thing on Monday the 3rd) so I'm guessing it was closer to 10 days than 7 anyway.

Pretty scary how many times I've checked the Apple site to see if the order status has changed