In need of a multifunction colour laser printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by usmanmaci, Jul 26, 2015.

1. usmanmaci macrumors newbie

Hi every one. I am in need of a good multifunction colour laser printer. following are my basic needs. Please advise

Duplex printing and scanning
    high resolution
    fast print speed
    mac compatible
    air print

i am confused between HP, Samsung and Brother.

2. kschendel macrumors 6502a

Based on my positive experience with the Canon MF8280, you might consider the MF8580 which has the duplexing feature.

Brother makes really nice monochrome laser printers and it might be worth taking a look at their color offering. Reviews say the color rendition isn't as good as other makes, but I haven't proven that for myself.

3. dyt1983, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

I agree on Canon MF8580Cdw. The network scanning is a little wonky. If scanning is done primarily from one Mac, hook it up to that Mac by USB or set up the default network scanning destination stuff; that solves that. Using WiFi/ethernet for all the other machines/AirPrint devices will still work great. Duplex scanning or printing works well, adding an extra paper drawer is an option (although the extra drawer doesn't take a whole ream like on other Canon printers), and color output is really good. Graphics are a strong point for color lasers, photos are usually a weak point, but the photo output on this particular laser is pretty decent.

Negatives: It's a big machine, the stand-by power use is a bit high, and usually genuine HP toner cartridges are a bit cheaper than using the Canon branded ones (they're both Canon though since it is a Canon engine)... so I use the HP toner carts in this Canon Those are probably pretty minor reasons compared to what I see as negatives for most of the comparable machines.

4. Hog Milanese macrumors regular

Hog Milanese

Just picked up the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. Works great with both MacBooks on our wireless network.

5. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Hi Hog Milanese

I have just bought one of these MFPs, any long time regrets or gotchas?