Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
I was under the impression it was the wireless version, and it wasn't playing nicely with the Airport. But once swapped to USB, they were fine with one another.

I hadn't realized the USB port didn't work properly for you. :eek: I wonder what the deal was, as there's others with that printer that haven't had issues. :confused:

Who knows? :rolleyes: It could be something simple, but I haven't found time to drag everything to a genius bar -- I still have 2 copies of everything in my iPhone contacts list, and that problem is at least a year old.... :eek: :D

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Thanks for all the responses!

Today I picked up a Canon MP250 for $40 at Walmart. Installation was a snap, and Snow Leopard automatically downloaded and installed all of the driver information from the Apple website.

I've used it to print 40 envelopes so far and only had it jam once, but that was my fault. Two of the envelopes were bent and went through at the same time.

The speed is amazing, it prints about 3 times faster than my HP, although it takes a bit to warm up.

Overall I am very pleased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.