In need of a printer with AirPrint but which 1?

rudylovesfood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2011
Hi, my new semester has just started and im in need of a printer with Airplay. Anything $100 would be great with low-cost ink. Much help would be appreciated!

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hi, my new semester has just started and im in need of a printer with Airplay. Anything $100 would be great with low-cost ink. Much help would be appreciated!
There is a shareware app called Printopia that makes any network printer an Airprint printer. I would consider that before I would consider buying a printer just because it supported Airprint.

Comment

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Brother laser printers with AirPrint would be a dream come true.

They *JUST* came out with a AirPrint-compatible printer... and it's an inkjet. *barf*

Alas, for now, one of those AirPrint hacks or a HP laser printer is your best options, IMO.

Comment

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Printopia works great for me as well, it has saved me from buying another printer just for my iPad/iPhone. I don't think it was stated above, but it is Mac only.

Of course, my next printer will be an AirPrint supported printer, but it is nice to delay the purchase for a few years until my printer wears out on it's own.

Comment

shevans

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
Herts, UK
I bought a Deskjet 3050A, Airprint, cheap ink and only paid £35 in the UK. It also scans and copies.

It was so cheap that buying just one replacement high capacity ink cartridge for my old printer would have cost more than the 3050A which came with two standard cartridges.

Comment

Kashika

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
HP printers with cartridges only contain about 30% of the ink a normal cartridge would contain.

Comment