In need of a printer with AirPrint but which 1?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rudylovesfood, Jan 25, 2012.

1. rudylovesfood macrumors newbie

Hi, my new semester has just started and im in need of a printer with Airplay. Anything $100 would be great with low-cost ink. Much help would be appreciated!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

There is a shareware app called Printopia that makes any network printer an Airprint printer. I would consider that before I would consider buying a printer just because it supported Airprint.

3. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I went with the HP p1102w on sale for $99. AirPrint, B&W Laser. Perfect.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Brother laser printers with AirPrint would be a dream come true.

They *JUST* came out with a AirPrint-compatible printer... and it's an inkjet. *barf*

Alas, for now, one of those AirPrint hacks or a HP laser printer is your best options, IMO.

5. EliCsuf macrumors member

6. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Printopia works great for me as well, it has saved me from buying another printer just for my iPad/iPhone. I don't think it was stated above, but it is Mac only.

Of course, my next printer will be an AirPrint supported printer, but it is nice to delay the purchase for a few years until my printer wears out on it's own.

7. shevans macrumors member

I bought a Deskjet 3050A, Airprint, cheap ink and only paid £35 in the UK. It also scans and copies.

It was so cheap that buying just one replacement high capacity ink cartridge for my old printer would have cost more than the 3050A which came with two standard cartridges.

8. Kashika macrumors regular

HP printers with cartridges only contain about 30% of the ink a normal cartridge would contain.