In need of critique

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by emt8q5, Jun 23, 2008.

1. emt8q5 macrumors member

Hey folks,

I am designing a brochure for a client and would like some advice on the front cover. I am having problems with the spacing of the 3 main text elements to the right of the picture. When spaced evenly, the middle block of text stands out the most, but the middle block of text plays off of the top block so this doens't work out. I am experimenting with different ways of arranging the elements and am hoping you guys may be able to give me some feedback on what looks good.

Thanks!
    Eric

Attached Files:

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I like the 2nd one better, the one with the smaller font. I dont like your picture though, makes my eyes want to follow the monitors and out the window.

3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

You could place them together so they're one block, like this...

But perhaps drop down the size of the text below – to give greater emphases to the headline.

Attached Files:

4. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

make it the same size as the orange font, and put it right up underneath like the previous poster suggested

5. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

^^^ i agree. that looks best, and i also agree that the picture makes me follow it out the window, instead of bringing me into the type. Either reverse the layout, so the type is on the left, or flip the image (though that will leave the keyboard looking very interesting)

-je

6. LeviG macrumors 65816

same opinion here - that image is just on the wrong side relatively speaking.

7. emt8q5 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to combine the two elements and switch them around with the image so that they are next to the window.

Thanks again!
    Eric

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Now THIS I like better than the first two;)

9. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I agree, it looks easier on the eyes. I like :apple:

10. CMD is me macrumors 6502

"balling" type is always a good idea. smart solution

11. JacobC macrumors member

I agree. I like when both of the texts are the same size and are both together.

Definitely looks the best!

12. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

Good start buddy, but really push it further. I am to lazy to read what everyone put so here is my take. I think the "solution" paragraph should be in orange because that is going to lead into what the company does. Dont be afraid to use small font, especially on the type at the bottom. I would keep the black and orange type the same size. I read a comment about the picture leading the viewer out the window, try moving the image to the right side of the page and have the text start where the monitors curve... Ya get me. And it might be cool if you used justified right paragraph so the text is lined up with the picture. Really go the distance, and use your creative side.

Good luck.

13. doctoree macrumors 6502

if you can mirror the picture around its own vertical axis it will lead the recipients eye directly towards the main phrase.

Be aware not to use too manny (more than three) different typographic settings. Because otherwise it will look like a rainbowpress magazine

14. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

Agreed. I would also perhaps look for a different image, although I do like the colours and simplicity.