In need of help! Error when re-installing Mac OS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ngeo, Jun 3, 2017.

1. ngeo macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I agreed to sell my iMac, and tried to reset it. I used the keys Command + R and erased the disk.
    When I tried to re-install the OS and after putting in the Apple ID and password, I get the message "this item is temporarily unavailable"

I have been researching online and some of the solutions seem to be the following:

1. Use the original Apple ID - Which I did.
    2. Make a bootable USB and use it to boot the iMac - I cannot as I do not have access to the OS anymore.

I am sooo frustrated. I was hoping I could somehow make a bootable usb using my windows laptop.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Do you use internet recovery as of now?

I won't participate in illegal activities, but if you can prove that you own legitimate rights to Mac OS, I can send you an image that you can flash onto a USB to create an installer.

3. ngeo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi casperes1996, thanks for your reply.
    This file is a few GB right? How would you send it to me?
    And how can I prove it is mine? I took photos of it to post the add, prior to erasing the disk, if that helps...

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

From here on out, I will PM you. If anybody else is reading this, curious about all of this, we will simply attempt installation through a USB - nothing fancy.