In need of help for the swiftkey app

steven5224

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
The app is pretty cool itself, but the thing is that everytime I lock the phone and unlock it to type a message the keyboard is back to normal. How do I keep the shift key keyboard on at all times? I tried doing it manually, but no luck :(

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
i don't think you can (if i understand correctly you want the shift key locked?) try contacting the dev and ask for the feature.

steven5224

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
i don't think you can (if i understand correctly you want the shift key locked?) try contacting the dev and ask for the feature.
Well I want the shift key

----------

Sorry I accidentally pressed enter when I wasn't done. Anyways I want the swiftkey app to be permanent on my keyboard. It does it for awhile, but then when I lock my phone and go back to check my messages it's back to the normal Ios8 keyboard. I'm just trying to have the swiftkey keyboard on all the time!!! :)

Puonti

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2011
Keyboard selection resetting is a bug in iOS that will be fixed in an update.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Well I want the shift key

----------

Sorry I accidentally pressed enter when I wasn't done. Anyways I want the swiftkey app to be permanent on my keyboard. It does it for awhile, but then when I lock my phone and go back to check my messages it's back to the normal Ios8 keyboard. I'm just trying to have the swiftkey keyboard on all the time!!! :)
ohhhh i understand now, try this :) go to the keyboard settings and delete the languages; by that i mean just leave swifttkey (in my case it only list swiftkey and emoji).

Thats how i have it and the only time i see the iOS keyboard is when typing a password.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Unfortunately there do seem to be a few bugs at the moment. In addition to the problem listed above, I've also found that my Bluetooth keyboard doesn't work correctly if SwiftKey is "selected"; I need to use Cmd-Space to cycle back to the Apple one. I'm not sure whether this is a SwiftKey issue or an iOS one!

EthanLMT

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2015
You should disable the Apple stock "English" Keyboard under keyboard settings and it won't switch back by default

Sirious

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
The app is pretty cool itself, but the thing is that everytime I lock the phone and unlock it to type a message the keyboard is back to normal. How do I keep the shift key keyboard on at all times? I tried doing it manually, but no luck :(
When you have chosen to ''give full access'' to the swiftkey keyboard, make sure you delete the default Apple keyboard from the keyboards list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.