In need of help for the swiftkey app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by steven5224, Sep 23, 2014.

1. steven5224 macrumors newbie

The app is pretty cool itself, but the thing is that everytime I lock the phone and unlock it to type a message the keyboard is back to normal. How do I keep the shift key keyboard on at all times? I tried doing it manually, but no luck :(

2. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

i don't think you can (if i understand correctly you want the shift key locked?) try contacting the dev and ask for the feature.

3. steven5224 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I want the shift key

----------

Sorry I accidentally pressed enter when I wasn't done. Anyways I want the swiftkey app to be permanent on my keyboard. It does it for awhile, but then when I lock my phone and go back to check my messages it's back to the normal Ios8 keyboard. I'm just trying to have the swiftkey keyboard on all the time!!! :)

4. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Keyboard selection resetting is a bug in iOS that will be fixed in an update.

5. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

ohhhh i understand now, try this :) go to the keyboard settings and delete the languages; by that i mean just leave swifttkey (in my case it only list swiftkey and emoji).

Thats how i have it and the only time i see the iOS keyboard is when typing a password.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Unfortunately there do seem to be a few bugs at the moment. In addition to the problem listed above, I've also found that my Bluetooth keyboard doesn't work correctly if SwiftKey is "selected"; I need to use Cmd-Space to cycle back to the Apple one. I'm not sure whether this is a SwiftKey issue or an iOS one!

7. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

You should disable the Apple stock "English" Keyboard under keyboard settings and it won't switch back by default

8. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

When you have chosen to ''give full access'' to the swiftkey keyboard, make sure you delete the default Apple keyboard from the keyboards list.