Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Hello,

I have an iPhone 3GS 32 GB that kept freezing intermittent. It bug me for a while. It is jailbroken and unlock with t-mobile. So i decided to "erased content and settings" and ofcourse I did backed up my iphone. So now, after i click on this setting which has been running for 5 hours, the screen stays black with the apple logo. The capacity that was used on my iphone was not even more than 5GB.

So, i'm in the black screen with apple logo for 5 hours...worried...if the iphone will ever come back on again.
I tried to do the "DFU" mode by holding the power and home button for 5 secs, then let go of the power button keeping the home button press for 25 seconds..but all it does is put me back to the same apple logo..

Before i did the "DFU" mode, the phone would flicker once every 45 minutes then comes back to apple logo again.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You aren't getting into DFU Mode correctly. Keep trying, then you'll have to restore your iPhone using iTunes to be able to use it again.

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Thank you

Ok so i got in to DFU mode, iTunes recognize my phone. I click restore by holding the shift button and tried to restore to the 3.1.3 ipsw that i downloaded from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

But once it verifies with apple it gave me a (3194) error message :confused::confused:

Thank you for the reply

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Thank you

Ok so i got in to DFU mode, iTunes recognize my phone. I click restore by holding the shift button and tried to restore to the 3.1.3 ipsw that i downloaded from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

But once it verifies with apple it gave me a (3194) error message :confused::confused:

Thank you for the reply

You're getting error 3194 because you're restoring to the firmware that Apple isn't signing on their servers anymore.

You can only restore back to 3.1.3 or whatever firmware that Apple isn't signing anymore if you have the shsh files saved.

You have to edit your host files to that of the Cydia server.

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
i believed i save my shsh..but not 100% sure.. i used tinyumbrella and saved my shsh but idk how to get that..i mean i'm stuck with this problem with 3194.
Help?

also, what is the edit version of the host file for cydia thingy?

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
i am using windows but followed the instruction on editing the host file but still giving me the same error.

how do we proceed from here?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
i am using windows but followed the instruction on editing the host file but still giving me the same error.

how do we proceed from here?

You most likely don't have the shsh blobs saved. Does you host files look like this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-02 at 4.33.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-02 at 4.33.28 PM.png
    28 KB · Views: 40

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
yeah

i think when i attempted to save my shsh using tinyumbrella..i checked the logs and it said something about my firmware not availbe for use or something.

anyway, yes my host file is similar to that you posted

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
yeah

i think when i attempted to save my shsh using tinyumbrella..i checked the logs and it said something about my firmware not availbe for use or something.

anyway, yes my host file is similar to that you posted

You can't save the shsh for iOS version that Apple isn't signing anymore. Now, you're only option is to restore your iPhone to 4.2.1

kinyusha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
is it still possible to jailbreak my 3gs with firmware 4.1? i think i just restored to that because it is now downloading all the restore file.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
is it still possible to jailbreak my 3gs with firmware 4.1? i think i just restored to that because it is now downloading all the restore file.

If your iPhone is now on 4.1, LimeRa1n will jailbreak. But in order to unlock you have to upgrade your iPhone's baseband to 6.15.00 to unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.