In need of MP2009 service manual

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Techhie, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

I am in bad need of one of these, and searching around the net (including MR forums) didn't reveal anything interesting. Does anyone here know where I can obtain a 2009 Mac Pro service manual in pdf format?

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

+1

not bad need, but definitely very much interested

3. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

A forum search shows that there are many other people out there interested as well. A big hug goes to anyone that posts the 2009 Mac Pro service manual pdf.

oh, and here is the 2006 one if that is your flavour :) http://groths.se/macpro.pdf

4. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

The manuals are not for free distribution so posting links here is frowned upon. There are sources out there claiming to sell them, but I'd imagine if they were legit that someone would have put it online for free.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Pretty sure those manuals are protected under an NDA.

6. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

Doesn't mean that a rebellious genius dint post them somewhere :p

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But it does mean that that same rebellious genius shouldn't post it here. The thread would be closed and the link would be removed in no time. Not that I wouldn't want the 2008 manual, but I'm not silly enough to think I can find all that easy.

8. Techhie thread starter macrumors 65816

Techhie

*grumble* I guess I will have to expand my search elsewhere :)

9. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

I just got a new 09...where is the manual? Is it the thing that says "Everything Mac"??

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is not the manual they hand out, this is the official service manual handed to a genius to repair your mac. It's protected under an NDA.

11. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

Thats funny...never mind then...Sorry

Thanks Jessica

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hehe... But it's available as a torrent via UseNext

13. forester54 macrumors member

forester54

thanks, I needed this one :)

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes, so you blogged about. ;) We all know you can get it through torrents, you just can't get it here so shuddup about it or this thread will be gonzo.

15. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

When you think about it who cares...this thread is useless as its not going to provide the manual anyway. We have an idea where to find it if needed I guess.

16. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

UseNext is a scam and you shouldn't recommend it here. even if they don't bill you as soon as you cancel, or a few days after. They will send you a $100/€100/£100 bill (even you cancel) 18 months to 2 years later and turn you over to debt collection on first refusal to pay. There is a lot of documented evidence of this.

17. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

Breaking that macpro.pdf link now before I get Apple after me ;)
    (its the 2006 model)
    Still available if you PM me though

18. pheobian macrumors newbie

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

20. Earl Urly macrumors regular

Why do you need it? Did you break something or want to add a part to it?

21. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I dunno about others but those manuals are useful particularly if their owners wishes to dismantle the machine, sell off the parts and reuse the case for another project...

22. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Really? I take it your talking from experience? Personally, i don't use it, I do however search google for PDF's regularly and UseNext along with TradeBit keeps popping up. I guess if people are desperate enough they'll try anything... even sign up for ADC ;) Thankfully there are users out there with those said books and are happy to share them.

23. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

The manuals probably are on usenet and UseNext can be used to get them, but it is a scam setup. There are other usenet services that aren't. TradeBit isn't a scam site, but it is full of scammers, hence the sale of copyright, NDA's material for $9.99.

24. Nadav35 macrumors member

Need to know part number - 2009 mac pro optical drive cable

Hello,

Although, I have a 2008 mac pro OWC told me that it is indeed possible to "transplant" and remove the IDE/PATA optical drive cable and replace it with the cable used in the 2009 mac pros, being connected to one of the ODD PORTS on the logic board.

Could someone please provide me with the actual apple part number so I can try and order it? Also, OWC told me that unless I have the AHCI drivers in windows installed(which I already do), windows won't be able to see the ODD ports. They also mentioned to me that when using SATA optical drives with the 2008 mac pro, they are indeed bootable. In fact one of the tech support reps told me that a customer inserted snow leopard dvd and hit the option key which brought up the drive selection manager. He selected it and it booted up fine!

So can someone help me with this? I am not asking for the service manual, just need the xxx-xxx part number for this, as its a removable cable from the logic board.

25. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

You want a normal sata cable? Try any computer shop in the world.