In need of new watch faces...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PeytonT123, Mar 12, 2019.

1. PeytonT123 macrumors member

I got an Apple Watch in December and I'm already kinda tired of the face options....how often do they release new ones? I don't know why there aren't more...

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This has been discussed exhaustively on this topic. It’s how Apple is, they like to have complete control over the watch, and we probably would have more watch faces if they allow third-party development and participation, but they don’t. For what it’s worth, I think the watch face they have with the customizations are great, and as far as your question is concerned to when they release new watch faces, it likely won’t be anything until the fall.

3. brentc133 macrumors member

Basically Apple gives us a few new crappy watch faces every time they release a new watch series but of course the new faces will only work on the new series. Kinda pathetic in my opinion when compared to Samsung and Google.

4. satchmo macrumors 68000

I'm guessing it has something to do with licencing and copyright issues.
    Not only to protect their relationship with Hermes, but not wanting third party watch faces to knock off, or rather steal trademarked designs from manufacturers such as Omega, Rolex, etc.

5. DukeSilver79 macrumors member

DukeSilver79

I get that, but I don't see the problem with officially licensed sports teams, movie franchises, etc. They could still approve them, and make some easy money. Maybe someday.

6. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

im surprised, both that they don't release more official faces for a cost, but also im sure there would be more companies who would want to do something from an advertising point of view, similar to the Disney and toy story ones.

7. EarlR macrumors newbie

EarlR

8. PeytonT123 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. And it doesn’t even have to be licensed stuff, just new designs...the possibilities are endless.

I’d love a full face clock face with numbers, similar to the Hermès one. And I’d love a full color one that allows complications.

9. the future macrumors 65816

This is basically flat out wrong. This didn‘t happen „every time they release a new watch series“, but exactly once, when the screen sizes changed from S3 to S4. And for a good reason, too, as the Infograph watch faces just wouldn‘t work/fit on S0-S3.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Maybe one day Apple will give us an app to make our own watch faces, but I doubt it. Apple is pretty conservative when it comes to customization.

11. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

I wish i could make my own - apples all rainbow coloured faces are just too much... i definitely like to have a classic, unified watch face rather than a paint store exploded on my wrist.

12. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

Another vote here for just letting me make my own. I want infograph modular but with the time in a big font in the middle. I hate the current complications for the middle with so much data that I don't need.

13. hologram macrumors 6502

I second that. A large digital time display with seconds. I can’t understand why Apple hasn’t just given us a face like that and let us add complications. The only digital time display with seconds is one of the activity faces, and even that one emphasizes the activity rings. Besides, it’s too ugly to use.

14. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

For the love of god. Give me some decent digital watch faces Apple.

Digital modular with the digital clock in the middle with seconds.

X-Large with the time left large and three or so complications.

Not that hard Apple.

15. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

I've found my people.

16. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I sent Tim Cook an email begging him for some decent digital faces.

17. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

Thank you! The only face I use that's not digital is Mickey.

18. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Hehe :D I use that too when I’m feeling nostalgic.