In need of serious help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarkScarn, Jun 24, 2013.

1. MarkScarn macrumors newbie

I purchased a MacBook Pro Retina 13" this morning. What really bothers me is I spent the extra money on the screen, but several if not all of the websites I look at are just blurry on the high powered screen.

So what I am asking is should I return it an get a MacBook Air 13"?

Is the processor a major difference if all I am doing is surfing the web and heavy word document editing?

I just don't understand the difference between 1.3 GHz and 2.5 GHz is?

Thanks for the help everyone!

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Websites have to be retina optimized to look good on a retina screen.

If you're just going to be doing word processing and web browsing, an Air is just perfect for you. Don't mind the 1.3GHz, the clock speeds don't tell the full story. Just use the Air in an Apple Store if you can and you will see just how fast it is because of the SSD.

You definitely don't need a Macbook Pro just for web browsing and word processing, that's too overkill. An Air would be much cheaper as well.

3. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Based on your post, yes, definitely. You're getting a thinner lighter notebook with vastly superior battery life. You're giving up a Retina screen that obviously you're not getting any benefit from in return.

4. Laco macrumors 6502

If all you are doing is word processing and word document editing you will not notice a difference in processor speeds. If you are not happy with it you should return it. Personally, if I were to buy a Macbook Air I would definitely spend the 100 dollars and upgrade it to 8gb.

5. MarkScarn thread starter macrumors newbie

You guys are great! Thanks for the help. I think I will be switching it out tomorrow.

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

If you don't like the way websites look on the retina then you are really going to hate them on the air. But its your decision and that 1/2 pound weight difference is huge.;)

7. MarkScarn thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually think the retina does make it worse. The screen is so nice that it essentially makes the flaws even worse. It's like watching regular def tv on an HD tv.

I just was upset with how it looked for an extra 400 dollars.

8. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

keep it for 13 days if you still hate it return it for a,brand new air

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Not everything is optimized for the Retina screen at this point. That's something you have to be patient with.

10. zOlid macrumors regular

zOlid

And since there is an avalanche of high resolution screens and laptops being released atm webpages are going to be fixed.

And tbh most of the ones i visit already are. Only smaller sites sometimes aren't optimized for it.

11. xnview macrumors member

Have only had my rMBP for 3 weeks, but so far I haven't stumbled upon a single web page that's been blurry.. But that's maybe just me

12. MarkScarn thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not know, maybe I am just being very picky. I was on ESPN earlier and it is very blurry on the pictures. The text and everything else is awesome of course. Maybe I am expecting too much. The main reason I purchased the rMBP was the screen. I do not really need that much more performance. I am just thinking if I am not as pleased with the screen I will switch to the Air.