Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Thanks to the generousity of user jbarley I have a MDD FW800 167MHz board in the mail. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any of the following:

ADC to DVI or VGA adaptor - I want to see if the problem with my 4MX is the DVI port or the card itself (The DVI port works with a DVI-VGA adaptor only)

DP CPU - I would like to have a 1.25, 1.33 or 1.42GHz CPU if anyone has a working one not used

SATA - a Flashed PC or a Sonnet or Firmtek SATA Card.

GPU - Any spare graphics card that supports Core Image. (and ANY kind of PCI graphics card for a backup (Preferbly one with DVI)

Fans - Any Door Fans so i can use them as system fans. I need a total of 4. Grilles too please (an extra Door fan grille so i can replace mine.

CPU Support - need a new CPU support clip thing mine broke.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Fans - Any Door Fans so i can use them as system fans. I need a total of 4. Grilles too please (an extra Door fan grille so i can replace mine.

It's best to get new fans as they are usually the same or slightly more expensive than used fans but they are clean and have fresh oiled bearings.

It seems that the best place to get fans is at your local store like Best Buy or Walmart or Fry's because they are often cheaper than ebay and no shipping charges and you get them instantly.

Unless you want a special connector but you can always craft one or just solder directly.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
It's best to get new fans as they are usually the same or slightly more expensive than used fans but they are clean and have fresh oiled bearings.

It seems that the best place to get fans is at your local store like Best Buy or Walmart or Fry's because they are often cheaper than ebay and no shipping charges and you get them instantly.

Unless you want a special connector but you can always craft one or just solder directly.

I need the low-profile 10mm thick fans. any store bought fans would probably be 25mm which is fine in the rear but it NEEDs to be 10mm in the front.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.