In need of someones knowledge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by karens007, Apr 10, 2011.

1. karens007 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have been an itouch user for years and finally got an iphone 4 through verizon. I am in need of answers for a few things since verizon has answers, but they are all different.
    Facetime is my first question. I have been told it only works through wifi unless you jailbreak. I use FT to talk to my daughter in China she uses an itouch. She FT me and I missed the call. It showed up missed call on my iphone but my wifi was turned off. I went in and looked in settings and it was in the wifi was in off position. Did the iphone turn the wifi on by itself to get the missed FT message. So does the iphone turn on wifi when it is needed or is it always off until I go to settings.
    I would love to jailbreak my iphone for the free tethering but am afraid i would mess something up. Anyone willing to help calm this fear and guide me to best way to for a person to take advantage of jailbreak would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Karen

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Wifi doesnt turn itself off, Im not sure how to jailbreak so hopefully someone else replies

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

If you're not connected to Wi-Fi and someone tries to connect with you using Facetime, you'll just receive a missed Facetime call notification. A bit stupid in my opinion, as it should notify you and give you the opportunity to connect to Wi-Fi to answer the call.

4. karens007 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. arcrius macrumors newbie

arcrius

What firmware are you on? I could help you jailbreak.

6. karens007 thread starter macrumors newbie

firmware

In my settings it reads 4.2.6 (8E200)
    I have noticed there is hundreds of youtube video's but how do i know which one is correct for me. Thanks