In need of "sound-a-like" music track...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bakey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Bakey macrumors 6502

Morning folks,

A little of topic (possibly) - but I'm after any advice or links to possible sources of sound-a-like music tracks.

In particular I'm after the "Handbags and Glad Rags" tracks as performed by Big George on The Office (UK version). It's the track that was also covered by The Stereophonics.

If anybody out there in DV-land could possibly help in some way it would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Mark.

2. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handbags_and_Gladrags for a complete run-down on this track. In the UK it was Rod Stewarts version which gave it its' first real airing, so to speak, though he wasn't the first. It was written by Mike D'abo of Manfred Mann fame. You may even be interested in the RPO version...who knows.

3. Bakey thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks folks - I already know the track detailing; but what I'm after is a "sound a like" for use in a production that I'm putting together - and I was wondering if anyone on these boards knew of any such sites that may be able to source such a track.

Many thanks.

4. Rootman macrumors 6502

I know young composer/musician who can make an original sound-a-like track for you based on the original, if you have a small budget. He did one for me.

5. Bakey thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be really, really useful if you could!! Is he pretty quick at turning these things around?

Cheers.

6. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

you could also try some Creative Commons archives. I have found some nice generic soundtracks there