Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Would any members know of an online store or store in general that sells the power adapter for the 23 ACD Aluminum in Canada?

I just picked an apple display off ebay, absolutely mint condition but the guy forgot to package the adapter and I don't want to pay customs again since I live in Canada. On ebay most listings are from the U.S or China. Any suggestions? Also would i be able to just use a generic ac power cord with the power adapter brick?

Thanks.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Check your Apple Authorized Repair stores (they often sell parts) and of course, if you are near one, an actual Apple Store. Also, look for a Mac User Club in your area. Perhaps a member is sitting on a spare unit.

I have that monitor (like it very much) but it had a wonky power brick. Do a little research on the Apple site web forums, there was a model of brick that seemed to cause problems - problems that went away when a new version of the power brick was swapped in. I had that problem, and had my brick swapped out under AppleCare.

Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.