In need to purchase a Power Adapter for 23" Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Romeo604, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Romeo604 macrumors regular

Would any members know of an online store or store in general that sells the power adapter for the 23 ACD Aluminum in Canada?

I just picked an apple display off ebay, absolutely mint condition but the guy forgot to package the adapter and I don't want to pay customs again since I live in Canada. On ebay most listings are from the U.S or China. Any suggestions? Also would i be able to just use a generic ac power cord with the power adapter brick?

Thanks.

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Check your Apple Authorized Repair stores (they often sell parts) and of course, if you are near one, an actual Apple Store. Also, look for a Mac User Club in your area. Perhaps a member is sitting on a spare unit.

I have that monitor (like it very much) but it had a wonky power brick. Do a little research on the Apple site web forums, there was a model of brick that seemed to cause problems - problems that went away when a new version of the power brick was swapped in. I had that problem, and had my brick swapped out under AppleCare.

Good Luck.