In notifications center do you get an alert on Twitter....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Jul 29, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

When you get somebody following you or is it just messages?

2. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

Depends on the Twitter app you use, I think Echofon does it but the official Twitter app doesn't.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Shame

Thanks

4. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

that notification all depends on the app. I use Tweetbot and i get notifications when someone follows me, messages, mentions and all configurable in its settings. When i get a notification it shows in my Message Center just like any other notification .

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Boxcar can do this. You can keep using whatever Twitter app you want to use and just let Boxcar send you notifications.

[​IMG]

6. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

You get mention and direct message notifications in the official app. At least on the iPad. Not for unread tweets though, but I don't really need that.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I only use the twitter official app so wanted to know if all new follOwers are mentioned in the alerts. Be good if there was a way.

8. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

you can set up Twitter.com so that it emails you for various things, including that.

9. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

I don't think it does. It has settings for what gets alerts, so that's all gets alerts.

10. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

There is a way: Write twitter and ask them to add that feature. Has nothing to do with Notification Center or Apple.

11. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well it sends me alerts via email

12. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

And? Again, that has nothing to do with Apple. That is a function of the twitter service.

13. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Did I say it was?

14. walie macrumors 6502a

Echofon > stupid crap ass official twitter client

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I use Echofon too. One thing I like about it is that it tells you the number of unread tweets, unlike the official twitter app. What would make it even cooler is if the number of unread tweets went down as you scrolled through your timeline!

16. DrSD macrumors member

I don't know why some of you are saying you don't get official twitter alert in the notification.

Yes you do.

somebody tweets you , you get an alert.

But if you talking about somebody following you then i am not sure not body recently started following me so can't say on that.

hope it helps.

cheers

17. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

That has already been stated. We know for sure that you get notifications for mentions and direct messages because you can turn them off and on in the settings in the app. The OP was simply asking if you received notifications in Notification Center with which we answered no. Twitter itself as a company has not enabled or even implemented the feature of notifying the user via Notification Center or notifications at all to the extent of our knowledge or has just not released it to the public. We advised the OP to write a letter to Twitter Inc. in order to inquire as to when/if this feature will be implemented.

Your comment was helpful, nonetheless. It showed us notifications were working as they were intended.

18. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Don't want to make my own thread but on a similar topic, does Windows Live Messenger give notifications? Like when someone sends me a message...

19. Zalatorisaurus, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

Install the app. Go to the settings app->notifications. There you will be able to see if notifications are available for the app and you can change what kind of notifications will appear. I don't know specifically for Windows Live Messanger because I don't use it.

Edit: Yes. Windows Live Messanger gives you notifications in Notification Center. I have only tested this on the official app though. If you're using an app that was made by a third party, you'll have to test it for yourself.

20. LoganT macrumors 68020

Is there a way in boxcar to get specific tweets from specific people? Say I wanted to get a push notification of when the apple store is down, could I have boxcar alert me whenever this account tweets something?

https://twitter.com/#!/applestoredown