In order to get LTE I need..

x2thaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
I bought a factory unlocked iphone 5 from the Apple store like 5 months ago and wanted to know if I wanted to use T-mobile newly deployed LTE would I need to get the newer iphone5 thats supports LTE or could I still get the speeds if I switched to T-mo.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks

D3TSURA

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2013
I bought a factory unlocked iphone 5 from the Apple store like 5 months ago and wanted to know if I wanted to use T-mobile newly deployed LTE would I need to get the newer iphone5 thats supports LTE or could I still get the speeds if I switched to T-mo.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks
All iPhone 5's supports LTE

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
All iPhone 5's supports LTE
They don't equally support all LTE bands. Don't give blanket statements like that. Sheesh. The unlocked verizon iphone supports LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25. The AT&T iphone supports LTE bands 1, 3, 5, and the unlocked GSM iPhone supports LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 17. So make sure you know which band T Mobile uses.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks
Yours supports TMo LTE.

It probably does not support TMo DC-HSPA.