In Pages '08, how do I...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayland1985, Jan 20, 2009.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I'm trying to make a table of sorts. It's pretty much an upside-down peace sign, without the inner circle. I couldn't figure out how to make a flow chart, so I basically made 3 lines (with shapes) and added text boxes to the best of my ability.

Is there a way, however, to cut the entire chart I made, and move it as a whole??? It only lets me move or select individual components of the entire "chart". I want to move it as one. Or is there a better way of going about this???

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Have you tried selecting all of the lines and then grouping them into one. Then you should be able to do what you want with the whole thing.

3. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems to only allow me to select 1 line at a time :confused:. Also, how would I connect the text boxes to the lines?

I feel like there's an easier way to make more advanced tables...

4. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

you need to select one line and then holding the command key select every other line. than in tools ( I believe) there should be a group option.

Not sure about the tables thing, I don't use pages. Although, you can hit the Chart button on the tool bar and in the tool window select a pie chart

6. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I see... I just figured out the Command-click thing right now. It'd be nice if I could just use the cursor to highlight around the objects and instantly select them...

(What do you use???)

7. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I use Office '08. But I don't work with charts a lot unless it's in a Power Point presentation

8. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I see... I was almost going to pick up the Office 08 today, but I read a few reviews and was discouraged. Plus with valentines day around the corner, I really don't have the $$$ to spend... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help though! I appreciate it. Maybe somebody can chime in regarding the charts??? I mean, this way wasn't tooooo painful, but I figured there was a more intuitive way :confused:

9. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

No problem. I'm not real strong on the whole chart thing. Really the only time I mess around with charts is if someone else created it and they need me to tweak it, part of the job I do.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

In a Page Layout document you can drag-select multiple objects. In Word Processing documents, you need to shift-click (or cmd-click).