"In progress" means I am getting it on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4black, Jun 19, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

If you remember, i poster a thread yesterday about my concern that the order status says i ordered it on the 17th, when i actually ordered on the 15th!

AT&T said that the order was blocked from the credit card company and had to be redone, but that I will still get it on launch day. I still don't believe this.
    Anyways, it says my order is "in progress". Does that mean I will get mine on launch day, or will get it on the 14th of july since it says i ordered on the 17th?

Did people who ordered on the 17th have their status as "back order"? let me know!

Also, i am concerned since a lot of you have their thing as partially shipped or something like that, where mine is only in progress. let me know

2. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

now people are even getting their status as shipped?!!

Its not fair since i ordered it about 4 hours after the pre orders were released online. I woke up early for this, and now i am getting it after everyone and maybe in july?!!!

3. FatherAwesome macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the 15th around 4:15 CST, the order conformation says

Date Ordered: 06/16/10

Apple IPH
    16GB BLK PHONE
    "In Progress"

and it is NOT backordered

4. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

does that mean both of us are getting it on launch?

is "in progress" a good sign?

it says i ordered on the 17th but i did on the 15th

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I looked back at last year's emails and based on that alone, AT&T orders will not get shipping info until Tuesday at the earliest and won't actually hit the road until Wednesday. Apple is shipping from China, whereas AT&T is shipping from Texas. So naturally Apple orders would have to leave first in order to make it. Apple supplied their carrier partners first (which makes sense since Apple has direct access to all phones coming off the factory floor to fulfill their orders)

Although, I got worried. I saw a story on Engadget that both Apple and AT&T were cancelling confirmed orders. So I went on AT&T's website to check mine when I was greeted with the "Order not Found" message.

Uh, oh.

Turns out I had it set to "order number" and I had put in my phone number. Order is in progress. :D

6. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

I would say to start "worrying" on the 23rd if it doesnt say shipped and worse if it's the 24th and its 11 am and doesnt say out for delivery.

7. army91c macrumors 6502a

8. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

ty! very helpful

9. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell