In response to the closed thread "apple is confusing"

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jason Garza, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jason Garza macrumors member

I agree and I found it rather odd that we had to download a installer that just linked back to where we downloaded the installer. Anyone know what the point of that was? When I updated my iPhone 4S to ios6 It did not do this.

Also I think the moderators are a little to happy with the close button around here. I don't see why you closed this topic.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The point of it was that there is some bug with the iPhone five on iOS 6.0 that made it so it couldn't install software updates over the air. The purpose of the installer was to provide a temporary fix for this bug so that iOS 6.0 .1 could be downloaded and installed And provide a permanent fix for the bug so there should be no further issues with over the air updates on iPhone five.

It wasn't just a shortcut to the installer as the poster in the thread you mentioned seemed to think it was.

All of this was mentioned under the learn more tab under software updates when downloading the installer.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Site and forum feedback.

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

At the very least the last message on a closed thread should explain why it was closed.