In Search of a good scrapbooking program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RickR, Apr 8, 2007.

1. RickR macrumors member

I do a lot of scrapbooking on my Windows PC but I am trying to do more and more on my Mac. For Windows I use a program called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe. I am wondering what is a good program for scrapbooking for the Mac?
    As for what I do I do a lot of digital scrapbooking where I create CD's and DVD's but as well I like to be able to create actual products that I can print out from trips such as having pictures, text, etc. that I can then put into a notebook like a photo album.

2. 7masscom macrumors member

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was actually thinking about checking something like this out also...

This looks fairly nice:

http://www.macscrapbook.com/index.html

It is, however, commercial, and doesn't seem to have a trial or demo version. It seems like something like this would ultimately fit in very nicely with iLife.

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'm going to bump this topic rather than start my own...

Anything else? I was looking at iRemember (macscrapbook.com), but I'm wondering if there's anything else.

iPhoto would actually be fine for me, except that you can't add captions to photos. Just titles. But if I could play an iPhoto slideshow with nice captions displayed, I wouldn't need anything else.

So I'm looking for another program and wondering if anyone uses something that might fit the bill.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you really want an iPhoto slideshow with captions, you might possibly just put the captions into images with something like Seashore.....you could either make copies of the images in question and overlay caption them, or you could quickly get some stock backgrounds you could use to intersperse caption frames with pictures.