Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I am in search of an NAS drive which I can use to store my iPhoto/iTunes/iMovie/Lightroom databases on so that I can access each of these things and work with them from any computer in my home (rather than just from my desktop machine which has these items connected directly to it via external HD).

I know that it's not advisable to work on the same iPhoto/iTunes/iMovie/Lightroom library on multiple computers at the same time...I am aware of this and would be aware to only have each of the aforementioned catalogs/databases open on one computer at a time...

What I am looking for is an NAS drive that won't give me any sort of permissions problems when I access or make changes to any of the catalogs/databases; an NAS drive that would be fast enough for me to actually use it to scrub video files without delay from my massive iMovie Library, or navigate from one image preview to the next in my 50,000+ image Lightroom catalog... again without delay.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.