in search of case with rigid plastic screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yargk, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yargk macrumors member

Hi,

I have an iphone 4 now, but previously had an iphone 3GS with a case that came with a rigid plastic screen protector that was held on with the clamshell case. I don't know why everyone doesn't use this setup since The iphone was practically new under it and I certainly don't baby my phone and I could easily take off the screen protector and clean it without having to apply a new one as with a film. The case was very slim as well. The protector would have come off if it wasn't held on with the case, but had enough static cling so it didn't move when I used the phone. The touch interface was completely uneffected by the protector during the year and a half I used it.

Anyway, I can't find anything equivalent for the iphone 4. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

2. eswqa macrumors newbie

Hi i would recommend looking at Lifeproof cases they look really good, lots of youtube vids of them in action. I have been looking for exactly the same thing you had for my iphone 3gs... I dont suppose you remember the name of the clamshell case with the rigid screen protector do you?

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Do not buy a Lifeproof case. Terrible case and a waste of money, check the 2 threads on it.

As for the screen protector, try an Otterbox one. They are thin and despite no cut out for the camera, completely unobtrusive. Best one I have found so far and you can get one with one of their Reflex, Commuter, or Impact case. Amazon has them for dirt cheap. Cheaper than the SGP or even my previous favorite, Power Support protectors alone.

Sounds like the one you are talking about.