Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanboy4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Im in the market for a new Macbook, and was curious, when the iPhone 6s is announced in Sept do you think they will announce new MacBooks too?

I want to buy the latest model, and it seems silly to buy now if in a little over a month I could get an even better version.

Reactions: fedeARTPOP

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I want to buy the latest model, and it seems silly to buy now if in a little over a month I could get an even better version.

It seems silly to think that Apple would release a new MacBook Pro in a little over a month when the current MacBook Pro Retina was only released 72 days ago.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
It seems silly to think that Apple would release a new MacBook Pro in a little over a month when the current MacBook Pro Retina was only released 72 days ago.

Skylake processors are right around the corner. Sept/Oct update is possible this year.

Reactions: fedeARTPOP

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada
Won't be September as that is iPhone month. Maybe October but that is entirely dependent on Intel getting Skylake out.

If you need a computer to get your work done just buy it.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Skylake processors are right around the corner. Sept/Oct update is possible this year.

September is too soon and it won't happen anytime after that this year. Apple is not going to release in November or December.

2016 is the earliest.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Personally considering new models were just released recently I don't think it's likely the next ones will be released before sometime next year. I also contemplated waiting but decided that I need a new computer now and couldn't wait on the off chance new models will be released later this year with Skylake but ended up buying a new 13" model about three months ago. If there is a significant jump in features I may think about selling mine and buying the new model when it is released.

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA

I don't get these people thinking Apple will update MacBooks every 2-3 months. If you click the buyers guide, the trend for 2+ years is about every 8 months. Why would it change?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Im in the market for a new Macbook, and was curious, when the iPhone 6s is announced in Sept do you think they will announce new MacBooks too?

Doubtful. The September event has been about the iPhone for the last several years. Add to that the fact that the rMBP models were updated within the past 90 days, and I'm thinking that no computers will be mentioned at this event/

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Doubtful. The September event has been about the iPhone for the last several years. Add to that the fact that the rMBP models were updated within the past 90 days, and I'm thinking that no computers will be mentioned at this event.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
In 2011 & 2013 Apple released two MacBook Pro models in the same year. Anyone remember the reasoning behind that?

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
It's usually October for a tweak, but given the recency of the latest refresh I feel like it's probably November.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2015

Skylake processors are the next big upgrade and they are being released next week - so apple could upgrade the macbook pros in October with the iPhones, but I'm sure they will by the end of the year. skylake will also allow HDMI 2 and thunderbolt 3 allowing to connect to any 4K display @ 60 herts for smooth monitor experience. I think they'll also offer a space grey macbook pro with slight redesign

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Skylake processors are the next big upgrade and they are being released next week - so apple could upgrade the macbook pros in October with the iPhones, but I'm sure they will by the end of the year. skylake will also allow HDMI 2 and thunderbolt 3 allowing to connect to any 4K display @ 60 herts for smooth monitor experience. I think they'll also offer a space grey macbook pro with slight redesign

Desktop skylake next week, the mobile processors don't have a release date yet, this indicates an almost certain update in the imacs in october time (as usual). The mobile selection are said to follow on fairly soon but broadwell were released over about a year. I can't see the processors before the autumn and I certainly don't see them in the macbook pro before Q1 next year.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

I very much doubt we will see space grey or any other new colour MacBook Pros. In my opinion those colours will be exclusive to the MacBook.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its all dependent on Skylake, if apple gets those processors in Sept. then maybe, other wise it will be later. The earlier the better for them to capture the Christmas sales segment.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX

Only Macs getting updated before 2016 at this point are the Retina iMacs and Mac Pro. Anything is possible though, and Apple has released Early and Late MacBook Pro updates in the same year like 2011. Any Late 2015 refresh will NOT be at the September event. October is usually used as the event to announce new Macs.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.