In-store Activation for iPhone 3G...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevo0822, Jun 27, 2008.

1. kevo0822 macrumors regular

So I currently have an iPhone and am planning to upgrade to iPhone 3G on the 11th... Right now, my phone is on a family plan under my dad's name. Will I be able to upgrade to iPhone 3G without my dad there with me?

The reason I ask is because a little over a year ago I went to an ATT Store to get a new cell phone. However, they told me I had to come back with my dad because his name was the one on the account...

It's just going to be a hassle to try and convince my dad to come wait in line with me at the Apple Store...

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

If it happened last year, then yeah it might happen this year. Someone will clear it up for you though.

I have a question too, me and my mom are on the same account but not a family plan. For my wireless number it says my name, so will I need my mom with me there or no?

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

if you are not listed as a person authorized to make changes to an account then you either have to get added to that list or someone who is on that list has to be there when you buy the phone

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Well my mom owns a company and has AT&T as her mobile phone carrier. my parents, brother and sister are on the company Mobile Phone plan. My dad, who currently has an iPhone, wants me to pick him up an iPhone 3G while I am in line on 11th of July. I told him mom would have to be in line with me in order to pick up his phone.
    I don't know how else to get around this for him.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

you can add a representative to your account on AT&T website, its discussed a few times on here...