Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellrider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Pennsylvania
This seems very trivial, but during the in store activation in the Apple store, what exactly happens? Will they put my old SIM into the iPhone? I assume they take it out of the box (so I can't enjoy it myself ;)).

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah they take it out of the box and connect it to iTunes to activate it. Then they give it to you. If you plan on putting a screen protector on it, make sure you ask the person activating it to leave the factory film on it while he does this so you can peel it off and put the protector straight on for the best results. (or if you're at the Apple Store, employees there can put it on for you.)

hellrider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Pennsylvania
Yeah they take it out of the box and connect it to iTunes to activate it. Then they give it to you. If you plan on putting a screen protector on it, make sure you ask the person activating it to leave the factory film on it while he does this so you can peel it off and put the protector straight on for the best results. (or if you're at the Apple Store, employees there can put it on for you.)

how do they transfer contacts? will they put my old SIM in the iPhone?

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Will AT&T activate the phone for you?

I have to go to work immediatly after and we don't have iTunes on our work computers and the USB ports are disabled anyway. :mad:

It would suck to look at my phone all day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.