Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jussstin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I live a couple of hours from an Apple store. Next time I'm close enough to stop there I plan on picking up a MacBook (first mac). I saw on apple.com that you can set up appointments with a staff member. I've done my research, know what I want, and don't have any major techish questions, but every time I've been to this Apple store I've had trouble getting the attention of an employee. Has anyone used this store appointment? Would it be worth it, a waste of the staff's time, or should I just pop in and hope to show up at a good time?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I use the appointment thing when I bring a computer in for service. It helps to make sure someone actual has time to look at your computer. They announce your name on the loud speaker and you go to the genius bar, it's a good idea.

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
I was in the exact same situation you were. It was worth it to me, the lady tried to give me her sales pitch but I interrupted her told her what I wanted and she was happy to hear it because she didnt have to waste her time. I didnt have to wait in line and the process was painless to say the least. I say go for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.