In store avaialbility iPhone X

ranred

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2017
Any chance of getting the iPhone X in store after November 3rd(post launch day) . Does apple fill in the in-store stock everyday ? What are the remote chances of getting one picked up in stores?

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Any chance of getting the iPhone X in store after November 3rd(post launch day) . Does apple fill in the in-store stock everyday ? What are the remote chances of getting one picked up in stores?
They use to on past launch’s. You could check the site everyday to see. Not sure how they will do it this year..

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
California
You have a chance but you will need to get there early. With the virtual queue mishaps that occurred during pre-order night, there are quite a number of people that are not satisfied with having to wait, so they will be trying their luck with acquiring one launch day. Not to mention those who just plainly like queue-ing overnight for the experience and didn't bother with pre-orders.

If you do line up, be prepared for not knowing what stock is until 2-3am in the morning, as historically speaking, many Apple employees can't tell you exactly how much they have that morning (even though we all know they know).

In terms of daily restocking, we just don't know, it happens when it happens. In previous years, its hit or miss, some days they get a shipment, some days they don't, but you also need to factor in this model has had the most publicized production delays so who knows how this will affect daily restock.

TL;DR.... line up early, like the night before early.

ranred

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2017
You have a chance but you will need to get there early. With the virtual queue mishaps that occurred during pre-order night, there are quite a number of people that are not satisfied with having to wait, so they will be trying their luck with acquiring one launch day. Not to mention those who just plainly like queue-ing overnight for the experience and didn't bother with pre-orders.

If you do line up, be prepared for not knowing what stock is until 2-3am in the morning, as historically speaking, many Apple employees can't tell you exactly how much they have that morning (even though we all know they know).

In terms of daily restocking, we just don't know, it happens when it happens. In previous years, its hit or miss, some days they get a shipment, some days they don't, but you also need to factor in this model has had the most publicized production delays so who knows how this will affect daily restock.

TL;DR.... line up early, like the night before early.
Thanks for the info

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Depending on your area, you may want to call around and see what the rules are for lining up. One apple store in my area is at a mall and mall management doesn’t allow anyone to camp overnight. So the earliest you can line up is 6AM on the day of the launch and they have police and mall security there to chase away anyone who tries to line up earlier. It’s a bit of a mad rush at 6AM trying to park and get into line at the exact moment when they allow people to start lining up, but I’ve done it twice there and I’ve been able to get within 10 or 20 people of the front without too much effort... and without an overnight wait.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Depending on your area, you may want to call around and see what the rules are for lining up. One apple store in my area is at a mall and mall management doesn’t allow anyone to camp overnight. So the earliest you can line up is 6AM on the day of the launch and they have police and mall security there to chase away anyone who tries to line up earlier. It’s a bit of a mad rush at 6AM trying to park and get into line at the exact moment when they allow people to start lining up, but I’ve done it twice there and I’ve been able to get within 10 or 20 people of the front without too much effort... and without an overnight wait.

It is the same where I am in Buffalo. There is a bar parking lot within the parking lot of the mall. You can see the doors people line up at overnight. Security will not let people queue overnight anymore, so we sit in a car within that bar parking lot overnight. Around 530/600 we try to head to the doors to be first or second.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Is lining up at 6AM for a standalone apple store early enough?
It really depends on your area. Showing up at 6AM for a flagship store in NYC would be totally different than showing up at 6AM for a store in a much smaller city.

But my guess would be that unless it’s a case like I mentioned above where no one is allowed to line up before 6AM that you may be hard pressed to get a phone if you just show up at 6AM

ranred

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2017
It really depends on your area. Showing up at 6AM for a flagship store in NYC would be totally different than showing up at 6AM for a store in a much smaller city.

But my guess would be that unless it’s a case like I mentioned above where no one is allowed to line up before 6AM that you may be hard pressed to get a phone if you just show up at 6AM
I live in the austin area not sure what the demand is here.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
I'm sure this week we'll start seeing those "camp out" people lined up (on the news) at stores/cities that allow overnight lines. As others have said- it's best to call or visit your local store to find out their official rules so you don't run into issues that morning.