In store availability - iPad 32GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VladM, Apr 10, 2010.

1. VladM macrumors regular

A mate of mine will be in Chicago next week, and I would like him to bring an iPad over for me. Will he be able to just walk into an Apple store (or BestBuy) and pick one up, or should I "reserve" one (like they did on launch day)?

2. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

As far as I can tell, the "reserve" option was for launch day only, and you can't do that anymore. At least that was what I was told.

I will be walking in off the street myself and fully expect to be able to pick up a 64Gb no problem. By all accounts availability is reported as reasonably good by people around the US.

3. boatski macrumors regular

I walked into the Apple Store yesterday here in Indiana about 1 hour before closing time and picked one up.

4. jayhay macrumors member

I drove down from Canada to NY yesterday to buy one and had no problem. That said, I was buying the 32g and as I was paying, I heard the manager tell the staff that the 16g was sold out. The guy helping me indicated that the 32g would be the next to sell out. I don't know if this is because this location is near the us/cnd border though or if other stores are experiencing the same thing.

5. Lara F macrumors 6502a

SoHo in NYC sold out of the 32GB while I was there yesterday evening. Only 64GB left, but they said it was possible they'd replenish this morning.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Call them. It's impossible to answer in a forum and things could change in a week.

7. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

The reserve day is no longer an option, he will have to wait hours inline at the Apple store :(

8. mstout macrumors member

bought my 32gb friday night. as people were buying them on michigan avenue employees were carrying stacks of new boxes of ipad 32gb's out. they have a ton.

9. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Hours? I only waited 20 minutes last Sunday. I think availability is generally pretty good, but the answer from here on out is 'call the store'.

10. mstout macrumors member

In terms of calling the store, I've never been able to call the michigan avenue store. no one answers. I think they're too busy to answer the phone. But most of the big stores seem to have good supply of iPads.

11. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

Depends where you are...down in Cali, lines are practically out the mall doors...