In-store availability?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cloudsurfer, May 11, 2015.

1. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Hey all,

I'm visiting NYC next week (yay!) and it would be awesome if I could take a watch back home with me. I'd prefer the black sports model, but I'd settle with any sports model if need be.

Has anyone had any walk-in purchase experiences yet, or is it still just an all-online ordeal?

2. Teejus macrumors regular

Only place to get a watch and walk out same day with it in the entirety of the USA is in LA, California. You wont find one anywhere in store in NYC. Craigslist would be your best answer for that in NYC but be prepared to pay a premium

3. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

Their will be no in-store purchases until at least late June or July. Only online orders right now. You could try ebay or craigslist.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

As of now, still online only. However the SS black sports is shipping within a few days of ordering so if you have a friend or somewhere to deliver it to, it might arrive in time. If not, cancel it.

5. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Craigslist or eBay seem to be the only way to get it the fastest.

6. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I'm going to point out this is the 38mm so the OP doesn't go buying a 42mm thinking it will ship in a few days. :)

7. Cloudsurfer thread starter macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Unfortunately I don't know anyone around NYC, so I'm afraid that's not an option :(

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Deliver it to the hotel you are staying at or wherever you are planning on staying. Or you can just have the post office hold the item and you can pick it up.

9. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

What model are you looking for? 38 bsb and cb seem to ship quickly. Most 38 have 3-5 week wait but they seem to ship a little quicker. I would expect in store stock in June sometime with that announcement coming at wwdc.

10. bashmagic macrumors regular

Rumor is they will be available in-store, sometime between "June" and "LOL".

11. Cloudsurfer thread starter macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm not quite sure which model is best for me, I'm thinking 42mm but I really have to try them on to be sure. That's why I'd prefer to fit and buy as opposed to order and hope it's the right choice.

I guess I'll just wait for the watch to land in the Netherlands later this year ;)

12. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

...or you can just jump on a train for France or Germany when they are in stores at first (presuming they're not available online in NL by then).