In-store education discount question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by asdfsdf, Aug 18, 2008.

1. asdfsdf macrumors newbie

if i go to buy a macbook in the education discount, and i take one of my acceptance letters, will i have to take the acceptance letter of the college i am going to? or does it not matter?

will they check that you are going to the college that appears on the acceptance letter that you show them?

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Nah, they won't look into what college your going to. But I would bring the acceptance letter and photo ID. That way they can match you up with your letter (If it has a name on it.) The apple store dosen't pull teeth when trying to apply a college discount so it's all good =).

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sometimes they take your word for it. They even gave my father an educational discount by pretending he was in a local community college…

Bring the letter just in case.

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

At my local Apple store they ask to see student id. It's better to buy from there though because for some reason the educational discount is more than what I would get online..weird i know

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Wow, you must be really proud of your father for lying. We'll have to wait and see if the apple falls far from the tree.