In store education discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Hi all-

What do you need to get the EDU discount from an Apple retail store? Just a student ID, or do you need a copy of a current transcript or somethign as well?

Thanks,
Rob

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
mrgreen4242 said:
Hi all-

What do you need to get the EDU discount from an Apple retail store? Just a student ID, or do you need a copy of a current transcript or somethign as well?

Thanks,
Rob
i heard you do need a student id (not sure if you need the other info).. remember you cannot get software edu discounts in store.. you have to order online. which brings me to online educational discount, they did not ask me whether i was really a student, no verification at all. however i heard they do randomly check.

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
mrgreen4242 said:
Hi all-

At most you will need a student ID. I have bought stuff there before without my ID, but they want to look at my driver's license to "register" me in the computer or look to see if I'm in there. I suppose in this case, they are going on the same honor system/possible random check as the online store uses.

deral

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Kahuku, Hawai'i
Mah little brudder nevah had one ID (dunno why not), so den he went show them his schedule printed from the interweb, and then the lady said it was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.