in-store exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Morpheo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I'm doing this for the first time so excuse my ignorance :) ...so how does this work:

- I got a 7+ 32 last saturday, it works beautifully.
    - after re-thinking about it, I figured 128 would be better.
    - I just reserved a 256 at the same store (there was no 128 so I thought what the hell ;))
    - I'm still in my 14 days period

....Do I just need to bring my current 7+ and exchange for the new one? What about the price difference, is it going to be adjusted on my next bill?

Again, sorry for being clueless on the matter. 7+ are in short supply and I was lucky to find one this morning, I don't want to mess that up! :D

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

1) did you buy the phone from apple? That is the only way you will be able to do an exchange at the apple store.

2) they will do a complete refund and then sell you the new phone. If you paid in full, ask them to put the refund on a gift card so the funds are immediately available for use.

3) if you used the IUP, it will be a refund and a new sale.

3. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I was wondering do they sometimes extend the remorse period in certain cases? Like if you find the phone you want to exchange for but it's been like 15,16, maybe even 20 days

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

2. It really depends on how it was paid and rather it was through financing. If paid outright, they don't do a complete refund. They just charge you the difference. That's what they did when I went for an exchange. If you are exchanging but was on a carrier financing then they do a complete refund as they have to reset the eligibility as well. (At least was the case l for me when I did that for the 6 Plus)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    That depends and would likely need a managers approval

5. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Awesome. Good to know!

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

like the person above, it really depends on the store/manager. From my experience, if you are "up buying" (getting something more expensive) they will do it. Also if you shop at the store a lot and they know you, you are more likely to get a little leeway.

7. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Perfect.

8. Morpheo thread starter macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I bought it directly at this Apple Store and exchanging it at the same Apple Store. Actually I just chatted with Rogers and it should be all fine: from what the lady told me Apple will refund the 32 and simply charge for the 256 instead, with no change on my contract. I did not pay it full, I took a 24 month new contract, it was an upgrade from my iPhone 6. The 7+ is going to appear on my next bill.

So hopefully tonight I will have a shiny (well it's a shiny matte black ;)) 256 7+ in my hands!

9. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I was going to do the exact same if my local apple got a 128gb, although for how use my phone I think I can manage with a 32gb. Hell its upgrade for me coming from my prior 16gb 6 plus phones lol. I won't have to rely on google photos as much.

I uses the IUP program, do they pull another credit check i assume?

10. Morpheo thread starter macrumors 65816

Morpheo

My 6 was a 64, there's something weird upgrading from 64 to 32 :p When I first got it it was the only available so I figured I could manage as well. In fact I probably could, but I like the idea that I don't have to check for available space when putting music or installing new apps... My ideal choice would have been a 128 as well, but 256 will do I guess :)