in-store Exchanges after 4/24?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by acctman, Apr 18, 2015.

1. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

Anyone know if Apple will allow in-store exchanges after 4/24 on orders placed online, or will we have to send the watch and/or band back to Apple?

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Doubtful since there won't be any in-store stock.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Doubtful you can exchange for another SKU since the :apple:Stores will not be stocking them for a while. They will (probably) only have 'white box' replacements for warrantee exchanges.

EDIT: DavidLynch is faster. :D

4. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

What about if your :apple: watch has a problem , will they have white boxed models up in the Genius Bar?

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Of course.

6. Branskins macrumors 65816

Get back to working on Twin Peaks!!

7. parallax33 macrumors regular

We are only talking about stocking 4 body types for exchange.

Edition would only be stocked at the stores that offer try ons.

8. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Ugh, don't get me started...

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple and all retail stores operate using SKU's for all retail inventory.

10. acctman thread starter macrumors 65816

acctman

so if i decide I want a different band model or may want to upgrade to the SS I have to re-order and return the model I receive? ...

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Wait, is that really him??? :eek:

12. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

This is going to be a nightmare in itself. So many variations of the watch and bands, not to mention backing up and transferring your watch data.

13. acctman thread starter macrumors 65816

acctman

I agree, I understand they can't stock ever variation but it's also Apple's fault for make so many choice. You can't possibly go through every combo in-store with a 15min visit... I guess I may just have to just bite this one and settle for what i've ordered. The different band combinations makes it tough when you can buy the watch and band cheaper together than separately

14. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I think if you change your mind on the band and want to return it you really need to send the whole thing back OR maybe drop it off at Apple for them to mail BUT yes they should have the 4 main bodies to exchange if there is defective hardware. This is like the people who change their minds TODAY. Yes, go ahead and cancel your order and get to the back of the line with the next one.

Bands should not be defective if they have any kind of quality control.

In either case I would bet you need to wait at first to have it mailed to you. This is not like the phone or a computer that you actually must have to get on with your life. No need to reply to me with a dozen 'what if it my birthday so I need the other band TODAY" kind of replies.

It will be June before you get much of an In-Store exchange possibility.

15. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

Can't see why it's that big a problem , surely most of the issues will be with the physical device itself( as in the square watch piece) and if that's the case then aren't there only what 5 different models?( Aluminium silver, Aluminium SB, Stainless Steel Silver, Stainless Steel SB, and Gold) so I'd say 90% of replacements will be as straight forward as the way iPhones are handeled currently with the amount of iPhone models there are available(3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 plus). You'll probably simply take off the strap and replace the watch with the replacement and put the straps on the replacement.

16. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

After the in-store appt, we needed to change my wife's SS with white sport band to a Milanese loop. I called the Apple Store online and they allowed me to order the Milanese loop as an addition. When it arrives we can just return the white sport band and get a refund.

Far from perfect but they had to anticipate that people are going to want to switch bands when the design is as personal as it is.

I just don't understand why they didn't initiate try-ons before the preorders opened.

17. whatos macrumors 6502a

Why some people would even begin to think that Apple has overlooked even the smallest detail is a big blunder. :)

18. specik macrumors 6502

specik

Are you sure about this? Since the white sport band comes bundled with the watch you ordered it seems unlikely that they'd let you just return that portion of it for any sort of refund.

19. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Difference is that these devices don't have the supply issues the watch is clearly facing. Apple has no way of readily stocking warranty inventory accurately without having to turn away users with defective models (or making them wait)

20. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

That's what she told me and added the Milanese loop to my order.