In-Store iPhone 6 Display Models Before the 19th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Are there or will there be display models for the iPhone 6 and 6+ before the 19th to actually try them out?

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Doubt it. Question has been asked before. Apple wouldn't want to sabotage 5S and 5C sales.

3. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately not, they'll be in store on the 19th.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I think day-of hands-on is enough to make a decision. This isn't like deciding if a piece of software works for you, it's just "Does this phone feel ok in my hand?"

It's a simple thing. The longer test is how it does in your pocket and in your life for days to come. In-store demos aren't going to help that anyway.

5. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I am on the fence about the 64GB iPhone+ or iPhone. Hands on time will allow me to try sticking a display model in my pocket and attempting to sit down to see how it feels in the pocket. Thats the only thing I need to try.

Though I know there is probably going to be a line in store, so I am not sure how that works. Should I line up and wait my turn, then try? Or should I try first then get in line?

If they had models first, it would make things much easier.

6. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

I think this was a mistake on their part. They should have had in-store demo models the day after the announcement. It would have given people an opportunity to decide which screen size was ideal for each individual. This could end up hurting them, as you may have people buy a 6+ and decide it's too big and return it within the return period (or people who buy a 6 and decide they really want the bigger 6+).

7. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Yeah it's tough, try a cut-out :D

Only 2D, but better than nothing.
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/0...-plus-find-out-with-our-handy-paper-template/

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

There are other smartphones you can try NOW that are the size of those.

9. wxman2003 Suspended

It may be very hard to get a Plus on Friday anyways unless you camp out overnight and get near the front of the line. I would imagine many in the line will be going after the Plus, since later preorders are not shipping until November. You can still go in and look at both models, and decide. Stand in line after and likely get a 6, or stand in line prior or after looking at them and still wait a month or two to receive.