Other In Store Pick Up Experience

jsamuels

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
I just returned from one of the Apple Stores in Rome, Italy where I picked-up a preordered iPhone Pro Max, 256gb, mountain green. The store was more crowded than I expected and both the walk-in and preordered lines were full for the two hours I was there. I arrived early and had to come back when it was closer to my allotted pickup time. The delivery experience was quick and polite. The walk-ins were treated to cornetti. Going to spend the afternoon migrating from my Huawei P30 Pro to the new Pro Max.

clarencek

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2008
Same I showed up 10 min early for my 8:30 am pickup. I was out of the store in less then 10 min including purchasing and installing a screen protector.

Then I decided to buy one for my girlfriend. I’ve been in line for 40 min and it looks like I have another 40 to go. Such a different process and kind of not worth it.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Pretty terrible here in Grand Central Apple Store — they aren’t even checking times.
As I said in another thread that's always my experience as well, you kinda just show up and get in line if you purchased one already, and none of the employees really enforce the time window...Happens every year so I don't really mind it anymore I know what I'm in for

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Pretty terrible here in Grand Central Apple Store — they aren’t even checking times.
Thats a busy store so yeah. My friend is currently at 5th ave and he said is mayhem. I went to Ridge hill and it was pretty smooth.

my friend that’s at 5th ave shared this pic:
2FDE8846-6525-4F7B-962A-3A92AF116309.jpeg