iPhone 11 Pro In Store Pick Up Was a Disaster

northofnowhere

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
My store in Manhattan Beach CA was insane yesterday. The lines from walk-in and reservations were huge. My time slot was 11:30-Noon. By noon I had not moved at all. Finally got in to the store around 12:45. Didn't walk out with my phone and watch until about 1:30pm. They were obviously overwhelmed, at least at this store.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Agreed.

I’ve waited in line to buy a product.

But I’ve never paid for a product, gone to store, and STILL have to wait in line FOREVER.

ridiculous.

reggavegga

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
Probably better than the people that went to the store down in Nashville Tenn. The store employees in Dayton Ohio were talking about this store. The Apple store had to close for a while because one of the food court stores caught on fire..

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I always get the earliest slot I can. 8:30 last year, 8:00 this year. Show up at the beginning of your time and you should be fine.

It's better than burning a whole day waiting around for UPS.
- - Post merged: - -

Probably better than the people that went to the store down in Nashville Tenn. The store employees in Dayton Ohio were talking about this store. The Apple store had to close for a while because one of the food court stores caught on fire..
Everyone is okay, so I don't feel bad mentioning this. Some guy drove his car into Woodfield Mall. I would imagine that Apple Store (which wasn't hit) had to close up for a while.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Anyone pickup an IUP upgrade where your current phone had an Nano SIM AND eSIM in use. Did the Apple store handle the SIM and eSIM transfer? Or, were you forced to turn in you current phone to get the new one?

MrEcted

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
I didn't have a reservation when I went in, and I'll echo OP's point. I was basically in and out while the reservation line was quite long. Not sure if I was quicker for me, but it was quick enough to where I don't think I'll preorder in the future. They had plenty in stock, too.