In Store Pick Ups Fulfilled?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AdonisSMU, Apr 16, 2015.

1. AdonisSMU, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Did you get your Apple in store pick up fulfilled yet?

EDIT: I just picked mine up at the Apple Store in NYC w14th street store. :D

2. latsyrhc macrumors regular

latsyrhc

No :( Other people here were saying, based on tracking info they received from apple, that they would be ready at around 4:30 this afternoon.

3. pwm91c macrumors newbie

I think those updates meant they would be delivered by 4:30, not necessarily 4:30 or after. The Apple Store opens here at 10:00, whenever I've had items shipped to the Apple Store in the past, they send me a pickup notice within an hour of opening. That is my expectations anyway.

4. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Any idea on how we can actually track an in-store pickup. Meaning, having the ability to have a tracking number.

5. jonathanuy macrumors newbie

Mine is on the FedEx truck for delivery to the Apple Store!

6. AdonisSMU, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

That is what bothers me. You plunk down literally thousands of dollars and they give an impersonal "we will email you when we have it ready". That doesn't instill confidence in me. It makes me question why I even bothered to purchase before going to the store for pick up. I've never purchased a Mac at launch before and this was not a good experience. I've never purchased a computer online before. I don't feel comfortable plunking down $1000+ dollars on a machine for it to be mailed to me. I like being in the store in case something happens that needs fixing right away.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

My tracking shows out for delivery to the store. Will be interested to see how long it takes for them to email since I will know when it gets delivered.

8. Joey Appleseed macrumors member

Post receipt of email ASAP

Hey, will anyone who receives their pickup notification please post the news on this thread? Thanks.

9. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

How did you get a tracking number for an in-store pickup?

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Per another poster yesterday, called Apple and asked for tracking information. They gave a tracking number.

11. pwm91c macrumors newbie

I haven't got the email, but just refreshed my order status in the apple web store and it says ready for pickup. Store doesn't open for another 30 minutes, but I'm good to go it seems.

----------

And now I got the email, ready for pickup.

12. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Thanks! I got mine now and it is on the truck. I wonder why they just don't give it to us to begin with? I suppose to keep us from bugging the store.

13. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I picked mine up at 10am this morning. Tyson's Corner in Virginia outside of DC. I had the tracking number so I saw the truck depart the HUB this morning at 8am. By 9:00am it was delivered. I received the text from Apple at 9:45am stating my order was ready.

INTERESTING NOTE:

At this store they have ONE GOLD BASE MODEL AVAILABLE FOR SALE. The only reason they have it is someone returned it last night. The manager told me an employee from last night's shift wanted to purchase it but it wasn't in their system yet so the employee wasn't able to buy it. However, as of 10am this morning it's there.

People have already done reviews and stuff of the laptop so I won't post anything, unless it's a response to a question in other threads.

14. macappleguy8 macrumors member

Reading your post made me login to see if Apple had yet updated from "in transit" to "available to pick-up." Sad to say, it still says "in transit." I'm never going to do this again. Never.

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Mine has been delivered to the store, now the wait for the email.

16. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

You don't need to wait for the email. If you've confirmed the delivery to the store just head there with your purchase invoice and (if you want) a copy of the tracking showing it has arrived. They will simply scan your rMB and give it to you. When I arrived they hadn't scanned mine in yet, so the manger just did it on the spot and it was in the system.

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

18. Takizawa macrumors newbie

Hmm.. FedEx shows that my package was delivered 1.5 hours ago. On the Apple site it still does not show as ready to pick up. I'll go to the store an pick it up;)

19. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Apple must've had a pretty serious supply constraint if they're still not receiving in-store stock to sell. Online orders must've been much greater than they anticipated, and now they don't have any units left for the retail stores.

20. latsyrhc macrumors regular

latsyrhc

Just checked order status on apple website. Ready to be picked up, but haven't received an email or anything yet. I'll stop by on the way home from work :) Good luck to everyone else! It's been an excruciating week :mad::rolleyes:

21. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Just got the email!!!

22. SiMBa37 macrumors regular

23. whatos macrumors 6502a

Apple has an excellent system, it's just a matter of taking a few minutes on the web site to read the explanation.

I use in-store pickup for every order I place. My store sends "it's ready for pickup" email notices very quickly. In my opinion based on many orders, Apple's purchase and in-store pickup system is very fast, easy and reliable.

24. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

25. Joey Appleseed macrumors member

It's here!

I received my pick up notification about 1.5 hours ago.