iPad In store pickup and iPad Air - Awesome Experience!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleFan360, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I quickly remembered today why I like Apple. The service and products are the best in the business.

I ordered my iPad Air early this morning for store pickup. Went into the store at lunch. My iPhone knew immediately I was in the store and asked me if I wanted to be helped with my store pickup. I said yes and was assigned to an Apple employee right away. The employee found me quickly, did a few clicks on his device and my iPad Air was in my hand within two minutes.

I also like how the employees are geeks like me. It's like you can talk with them for hours. Anyway, got back to work and opened the box. The iPad Air so far is awesome! Very light and the speed is definitely better than my iPad 3.

Can't wait to get this baby home to get into some serious playing.

I know Apple isn't perfect, but honestly I don't mind the flack I get for being an "Apple Geek". Like how they run their business.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I can't agree more, the in-store pickup is great. Seems like they've realized when they can and when they can't handle the volume, and that's what dictates if they offer it or not on a product launch.

3. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Apple is awesome. I just bought my iPad mini August 16 of this year I called Apple on a different item and he was asked me how was enjoying my mini I told him I think I'm going to sell it because I need a bigger screen. Pam he set up a return label and an extended return. Now I'm sending it back to him for a full refund could you ask for more?

4. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

I've been buying Apple products since 1988 but this was my first launch day purchase. Buying online AND picking up the same day with no lines, including help getting set up & quickly on my way, went flawlessly. It truly blew my mind.

5. Macalway macrumors 68020

Yes it's fun. I actually get a buzz when I'm there

(Also nice ogling young ladies he he )

6. Kaybree Lady macrumors newbie

creepy...

7. WilliamG macrumors G3

I had to stand in line for almost an hour at the Bellevue, WA store. Not exactly an awesome experience, but that's what happens when nearly 1,000 people ordered for pick-up! The people there are super nice, though, for the most part.

8. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Also had a great experience with an in-store pickup in the downtown San Francisco location.

Plenty of staff at the door to greet and assist people as they walked in. This was at around 1PM and was told the morning was a lot busier. The store still pretty busy but they were prepared with a large staff.

Was helped immediately and asked to stand aside in a corner where I got to check out the iPhone 5s and had my iPad in hand within 3 minutes. Signed for it and out the door!

9. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Macalway, I'm starting to worry about you. A lot. :p

10. HM Apple macrumors member

I also had a good day at the Apple store. With the availability forecast to be very good, I packed it in for a 3 am app store order and slept. Got to local Apple store at 10:30 am and surprise no lines. Walked in to see the two employees with cards said they were available and went to IPad table. There for 2 mins and approached by employee who asked if he could help. Decided to get 16 G Space gray and he had one in 1 minute. Transaction took a minute and was on by way to the setup table where another employee was assigned to me for setup. He stayed with me as the new unit was downloaded from the Cloud from my IPad 3 and 20 min later I was on my way out. During the download/install he helped me with all the new things with IOS 7. Very happy with the Air and Apple store experience.

11. meechy macrumors 6502

I had a better experience at Tesco (UK supermarket), I went in and walked back out within 1 minute with my new iPad air.

12. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

My experience exactly. Loving my Air ands a big step up from my iPad 4 in every way. It feels like holding a thin screen in my hands. Much faster than my 4 too.

13. Branskins macrumors 65816

The geofencing was cool! I just swiped the notification and pressed Ready to Pickup.

The employees seemed excited when I told them I had an In-Store Pickup. Someone else walked in with an In-Store pickup right after me...seems like it was a popular option

14. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I too had a truly wonderful experience. Everyone was so helpful and attentive. I really like going to the Apple Store.

15. JFC macrumors member

Another perfect Apple experience

I got to my Apple store at 6:30am and was about 30 in line, I did not initially order for in-store pick up. There was a group of 20 people in front of me who all new each other. I later learned from an Apple employee that they show up to the store every day an hour before it opens, and have been doing so since the 5s launch. It turns out they are buying just to resell in another country.

30 minutes to 8, two Apple employees start walking the line asking what people are getting and start saying that that they don't know how many they have and there may not enough of each size/type for everyone. I don't know why they say things like that, but it's the same speech at every launch.

Anyway, one of the Apple employees skips right past the group of re-sellers and comes up to me and and starts to advise me to get on the Apple Store app and buy what I want and to opt for the in-store pick up and that my order would be held separate from whatever stock they had, thereby keeping the re-sellers from getting what actual Apple fans/users were there to get. He continued down the line and told the rest of the people waiting about in-store pick up.

5 minutes to 8, they ask for all people with a reservation to form a new line!

8am, they bring us right in. 8:04 I'm driving away with my new iPad Air!

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to tell someone about how awesome the Apple store employees are. You would never get such incredible customer service at any other sore or company.

16. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Did you go in the morning? I picked up my order at UV at 230 and only had to wait for a few min. Such a great experience as always at UV. The guy said they were much busier in the morning so I'm glad I went when I did.

17. WilliamG macrumors G3

I went to Bellevue at 11am.