In store pickup availability is not guaranteed on day 1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by techguy9, Apr 6, 2015.

1. techguy9 macrumors regular

techguy9

I chatted yesterday online through the Apple website and they told me that it is not guaranteed that your :apple:watch will be avaliable for in-store pickup on day 1 if you request that. They will notify you when it will be available. Screenshot below.

Attached Files:

2. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I hate having to do it without trying it on or even seeing it in person, but I'm pre-ordering for home delivery at 2:01am CST on Friday. For this whole confusing purchase process for these watches that seems to be the easiest way.

3. Tammster, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

In store pickup availability is not guaranteed on day 1

Isn't "ordering" for in store pickup (which I thought was not available) different than "reserving" the watch? I was told from the local Apple employee (who seemed to know what he was talking about) that the watch you reserved will be there on day 1 if you have a reservation.

4. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I don't get it, either when you ask for home delivery, they tell us that it is very likely that it will ship on 24th and not delivered on 24th like it is said.
    And then they tell us that in-store pickup might not guaranteed that it will be available on 24th.

What the hell? :mad:

5. techguy9 thread starter macrumors regular

techguy9

That what I decided to do after this chat. I'm just pre-ordering, schedule an :apple:Watch tryout appointment, and camping out on my doorstep on the 24th :D,

6. Dave245 macrumors 601

So there is no reserving online to pick up in store for day one? If not I will pre-order for home delivery i can only make it to the Apple Store on the 24th.

7. techguy9 thread starter macrumors regular

techguy9

I know, super confusing process!:mad::mad:

8. Dave245 macrumors 601

I was under the impression that you could reserve online for in store pick up

9. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

I think that is a just in case hedge. However, I'm quite confident the watch I reserve on April 10 will be awaiting my wrist on April 24.

10. techguy9 thread starter macrumors regular

techguy9

Nope, that's what the person said though.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Same here but that reservation process doesn't go into effect until the 24th. So you'd have to wait until launch day to book the appointment?

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

The fact that there are so many threads similar to this one speaks to how confusing this process is. It's baffling really. I was going to say it's unnecessarily confusing but I am beginning to wonder if this is all intentional due to low initial inventory. If that is the case then Apple is doing a good thing to avoid long lines of people trying to buy something that isn't there. Maybe they should have had a handful of watches in stores for the last couple months for people to try on by appointment. Then have an online pre-ordering period, like the 10th through 24th. Then purchase by appointment in the store. It's kind of weird that our best chance to purchase one is to do so by pre-ordering when we've never seen or touched the product. Of course the same could be said of new iPhone launches but we pretty much know what we're getting with those. Just my two cents. And Apple defenders please take a breath. I am just suggesting what I think might have been an easier customer experience.

13. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

I think the whole goal is to get rid of lines so making it possible to reserve from 4/10 makes sense. Also, if that's to be trusted: