In-store pickup CC charge question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tyler23, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I pre-ordered an iPhone 6 this morning for pick-up next Friday, using my Chase IHG credit card.

On my account, I see a pending transaction for $0.00. Usually, when a "transaction" is made as a placeholder, they charge $1.

I spoke with an Apple rep this morning, who says she's not exactly sure about the procedure, but that I likely wouldn't be charged until next week when the phone is shipped to the store.

I talked to Chase, and they couldn't see the transaction as it is for $0.00, which won't show in their system. However, they did say they did not receive any fraud alerts, nor anything else that would stop a payment from being made.

I also told them about the purchase, so that if/when it does show up, it will not be flagged.

Does anyone have any insight? Just wondering why it shows a transaction, and why that transaction is $0.00.

Thanks in advance!

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You may see a hold or pre-authorization on your card shortly if you haven't already noticed it. Your card will be charged when the phone is available to be picked up in-store.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I was worried about it but I get it. I wish they would just charge me and then make sure I get a phone on the specified date.

4. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's the thing, that would make sense if there was a hold or pre-authorization. That may be what this is, but usually it shows $1.00 or something. But for me, it shows on my account as $0.00, which is what has me (sort of) freaking out.

I spoke to a Chase CC representative, who also said that a hold is usually $1.00, he said he's never seen it show $0.00 before..

Just seem strange, is all. Was wondering if anyone had ever seen a hold of $0.00.

5. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

Hmm - I see nothing from Apple on my Chase account, but my Apple account is still showing my phone as pre-ordered.

6. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

Alright, maybe I'm freaking out for nothing then. I suppose there's not much difference with it showing up for $0.00, or it not showing up at all.

My Apple account also shows it as pre-ordered, processing, and with a pick-up date of 9/19.

I guess I'll just keep monitoring my order to make sure nothing changes.

7. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Yep, same here. I have BoFA though.

8. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

You got me all paranoid, so I called anyway. They didn't show anything at all on my account for it, but they put a note on my account saying a charge from Apple for between $300 & $325 would post between now and next Friday.

9. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

Same. Chase doesn't see anything about it on the account (as it shows on my for $0.00, they said it would need to have a value to show in their system).

I did tell them that a transaction with Apple should take place in the next week for up to $700, so they've put that note in my account.

I'm sorry, did not mean to make you paranoid, just being a bit paranoid myself (to my wife and co-worker's annoyance!)

Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for all of us.