iPad mini In-Store Pickup glitch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deraj090, Nov 15, 2012.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Anyone else running into this? At 10pm, certain stores will say "in stock", process the order, but then will never send the pick-up email?

I went to the Apple Store and they said that it'll process for pickup once they get the iPad Mini's in-stock... but my question why would Apple.com say "in stock" if they don't actually have the minis in stock?

2. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

That's strange. When I reserved mine, I received an email early the next morning, before the store I chose even opened, telling me that mine was ready to be picked up. When I got there, the box had a sticker with my name on it, and the whole process went very quickly. They shouldn't be saying there's stock if there isn't any. You're sure you went through the check-out process, and received an email saying that your order was being processed? If not, perhaps the store ran out of stock before your checkout was completed. Just a thought.

3. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, everything was done correctly. Truth-be-told, this is my 2nd Mini, and for the first one I had the same exact results as you, so I didn't expect it to be different for the 2nd. To test it out again, I did a 3rd Mini last night, and that one also says "Processing". So strange. And obviously no one on the floor is able to help me, nor can anyone over the phone -- they know how to read from a screen and that's about it.

If any Apple Geniuses here want to dispute that, please feel free to help me out!

4. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Just to update everybody: I spoke with the store manager at the 5th Ave location (NYC) and she confirmed that, yes, this was a glitch and Apple.com should have never listed the product as In Stock.

5. jeffkempster macrumors member

So I bought one Friday night at about 11:30 to be picked up at the store. Drove 25 minutes to get to the store and she said I'm sorry we had a problem and didn't really have yours in stock.

I'm bummed but whatever. I just checked and they have another one in stock now. I ordered it but I'm definitely calling before driving all that way again. Can they really get in shipments on a Saturday night? Weird.

6. EMAN19 macrumors 6502

I hope so.

All of the Apple stores in NYC are being vague about this. I really want to purchase an iPad mini but they're not saying anything about whether or not they'll have stock for Sunday.