In-Store Pickup May Be Delayed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbhforum, Sep 19, 2017.

1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I just got an email from Apple stating my in-store pickup may be delayed for my iPhone 8+. I had the 12:30-1pm slot picked out for Friday and was pretty pumped since I was off from work this day anyway. Anyone get one of these emails yet? What have they done in years prior with these emails?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You should have a very good idea where you stand on Thursday. Still early in the week.

I don't recall someone posting this last year, although it probably occurred.

3. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Are you in a smaller metro area? I just checked and I didn't get any emails. Chicagoland area, iPhone 8+ 64GB Space Grey in-store pickup 4:00-4:30PM.

4. stooyleown macrumors member

stooyleown

I'm in Philly, have an 8 to 830 pickup and no delay email yet. Just a pending charge for amount of the phones that appeared today(i had only a $1 pending since I ordered them)

5. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

My pickup time is 730pm to 8pm in Allentown, PA store, and so far I did not get any emails. But apple.com shows that pickup is no longer available. We will see and lets hope for the best.

6. stooyleown macrumors member

stooyleown

Is your order still say order in progress?

7. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

Yep, still saying in progress. I am doing iPhone Upgrade Program and received email from Citizens with new loan number so I am hoping that I am good to go.

8. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Long Island, NY. Definitely not small. I ordered the same model as you.

I have a pending charge on my card too and it says in my orders that pick up is still scheduled for Friday 12:30pm.

9. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Give them a call. May have been a mass email that went out incorrectly.

10. Kahsheh macrumors regular

11. celly macrumors 6502

celly

I got an 8 - 8:30 slot so I hope not!

12. Shadowbech macrumors 601

13. noles1983 macrumors regular

Same, would be pissed if I don't have mine available after i ordered it 2 minutes into preordering.

14. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

For those of you who are picking up in store tomorrow, has your credit card charge gone through? Or is it still a temporary charge?

What does it say in order status?

Mine says in progress and in the email I just got that told me the Belkin wireless pad is ready, it says shipping soon for the 8+.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Both AW3 and 8+ show shipped with tracking. Going to the store for pick-up is nuts!

16. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you order in store pickup? I had no choice if I wanted it launch day. I figured it would be organized given the time slots

17. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I've been doing this for years. The reason why I chose Store pick up this year is because the store is 10mins away from my job. If I did the delivery, I would've missed it and would've have to go to the UPS store for pickup. Same line all over. The 6 was a mad house since we had to fall in line before they open. Hopefully it goes smooth for this pickup.

18. kawalerzysta, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017

kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

i am doing apple upgrade program and there is pending charge on my credit cart, based on the amount (65.88), pending amt is for tax. Also my order page has changed. Still says that order is pending and that pick up is available 09/22 but scheduled time slot is no longer there. Edit: Check in time is back on. LOL

19. stooyleown macrumors member

stooyleown

My card has had the amount of the 2 phones as a pending charge for 2 days now. Still show in progress and pickup from 8 to 830 tomorrow

20. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No UPS has both my devices to be delivered to the office.

21. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Spoke to Apple today via chat and they told me my order will be ready tomorrow and the possible delay turned out to be a non-issue. Anyone else who gets this email should contact Apple.