Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
I have booked my 6s for in store pickup on 25th but due to some circumstances I will not be able to visit the store to pickup my device. I have a friend who can pick it up on my behalf. Will the guys at apple store allow that ?

If not, What if I changed all my apple id account details to his name ? and gave him the login details and all the related info as well. Can it work ?

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I have booked my 6s for in store pickup on 25th but due to some circumstances I will not be able to visit the store to pickup my device. I have a friend who can pick it up on my behalf. Will the guys at apple store allow that ?

If not, What if I changed all my apple id account details to his name ? and gave him the login details and all the related info as well. Can it work ?

I believe you need a photo id. Changing your apple id details probably won't work as they will look at the details associated with the order. I would call Apple and see what they say.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands

They will ask you for an id. So, I don't think they would give the phone to your friend even if you give him your id. I'm not too sure about your second idea...you can give it a try. But hey, even if that doesn't work, it seems that the pre-orders are opening up on 26th and I hear that it is for the same day pick-up.

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
They will ask you for an id. So, I don't think they would give the phone to your friend even if you give him your id. I'm not too sure about your second idea...you can give it a try. But hey, even if that doesn't work, it seems that the pre-orders are opening up on 26th and I hear that it is for the same day pick-up.

But the delivery is delayed by 2-3 weeks as of now. I was hoping to get it ASAP :(

I believe you need a photo id. Changing your apple id details probably won't work as they will look at the details associated with the order. I would call Apple and see what they say.

Ya, so that is why I was thinking that I would put in his name and address on my apple id. So they can have his information verified

Last edited by a moderator:

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
But the delivery is delayed by 2-3 weeks as of now. I was hoping to get it ASAP :(
I didn't mean home delivery. I meant in-store pick-up. This is what Apple website says..
"We're no longer taking reservations to pre-order iPhone.
You can visit an Apple Retail Store beginning at 8:00 a.m. on September 25 or shop online now. Reservations will reopen at 6:00 a.m. on September 26".
So, you can book one on the 26th and if lucky, you should be able to pick it up the same day.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

This is the FAQ from the Upgrade Program email:

Can someone else pick up my reservation?
Items can be picked up only by the wireless account holder and people authorized on that account.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I think this is something that has to be done when placing the order. I would call apple, and I am sure they can change it.

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Most of the 6s phones except rose gold are shipping with 9/25 delivery, have you checked Apple this morning?

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Most of the 6s phones except rose gold are shipping with 9/25 delivery, have you checked Apple this morning?
I did, Butthe problem is - I want a 64gb Rose gold model :D

This is the FAQ from the Upgrade Program email:

Can someone else pick up my reservation?
Items can be picked up only by the wireless account holder and people authorized on that account.

How do I authorize someone to my account. Does changing all the information on my account to his details consider as authorizing ?

I didn't mean home delivery. I meant in-store pick-up. This is what Apple website says..
"We're no longer taking reservations to pre-order iPhone.
You can visit an Apple Retail Store beginning at 8:00 a.m. on September 25 or shop online now. Reservations will reopen at 6:00 a.m. on September 26".
So, you can book one on the 26th and if lucky, you should be able to pick it up the same day.

Oh sorry. But I think the Rose gold model will be tough to get on 26th. And as I already have a reservation I am seriously hoping to get it on 25th rather then taking a chance on luck and waiting for god knows how much time to get my hands on it

Last edited by a moderator:

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
How do I authorize someone to my account. Does changing all the information on my account to his details consider as authorizing ?

Depends on your phone carrier, that's the account they are talking about....but of course, that shouldn't matter with the upgrade program. Apple loves to be cryptic, but I really think they should have been more forthcoming about the details of this program.

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Depends on your phone carrier, that's the account they are talking about....but of course, that shouldn't matter with the upgrade program. Apple loves to be cryptic, but I really think they should have been more forthcoming about the details of this program.
I am buying the phone with full payment upfront. So will I need carrier details?

sterl320

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2015

you need 2 forms of ID to pick up the phone, so you're friend won't be able to.

Granny_Smith

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
NYC
What if I changed all my apple id account details to his name ? and gave him the login details and all the related info as well. Can it work ?

this whole idea just sounds like a major hassle/headache. just contact apple and explain the situation and see what they advise. I would go the "add authorized account user" route first, but changing all the info just to have someone else pick it up without even knowing if it's gonna work would be foolish at best.

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Thanks Guys for all your help. I changed the details[name/address/phone number]; they verified it and it worked. Owner of an all new 6s :):D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.