In store pickup question for Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HerdJC, Oct 27, 2014.

1. HerdJC macrumors member

HerdJC

The local Apple Store location shows a 16gb iPhone 6 Plus available for ATT this rooming. I want to buy the phone at full price. I had previously ordered the 6 plus through ATT but a system error canceled my order Saturday morning after I had waited 5 weeks. When I go through the process of purchasing it online and picking up at the store, it offers me to buy it for the 749$ price, but says it's a two year contract even paying full price. This makes me a bit nervous as I don't want to lock myself into a contract but I also want to make sure I get the phone. Can anyone confirm whether or not buying a full price ATT phone from the Apple Store online for in store pickup locks you into a two year contract?

2. chino303 macrumors regular

chino303

3. HerdJC thread starter macrumors member

HerdJC

There Are no T-Mobile versions available at the store. Just ATT.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. HerdJC thread starter macrumors member

HerdJC

Thanks for the link and info. My concern is that my canceled order hasn't been purged from ATT system despite promises it would be so my eligibility may be tied up. I guess my best option is to just go in and explain my situation and see if they can still use that method to get the phone.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

If they're charging you full price with a 2/yr contract, chances are the cancellation hasn't been fully processed on AT&T's end. Does that reflect when you log into your account? I would call AT&T to confirm cancellation so that your eligibility is reset, OR, you can go to the Apple store and take care of it all there in person.