Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
This is my first in store pickup. After I ordered the Apple website states that my check in window is between 10:00-10:30 AM on September 21. About 10 minutes later I receive the thank you for your order from Apple. The order shows everything correctly but states that they will notify me when the items are ready for pickup. Do they usually send the email the day before your pickup?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
This is my first in store pickup. After I ordered the Apple website states that my check in window is between 10:00-10:30 AM on September 21. About 10 minutes later I receive the thank you for your order from Apple. The order shows everything correctly but states that they will notify me when the items are ready for pickup. Do they usually send the email the day before your pickup?
Show up in your window

Reactions: reyalP

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks. Email kind of threw me off. Most places you order online stuff and they say you have to wait until you receive an email before picking up your order.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
They will e-mail you the night before or early morning on launch day of when your order is ready for pick up.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I just logged into the Apple website and under My Account viewed My Orders. It shows for this phone - Check in at the Apple Store Sep 21 between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m, which is the time I selected when I ordered it. Working a 1/2 day and picking it up at lunch ;)

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks. Email kind of threw me off. Most places you order online stuff and they say you have to wait until you receive an email before picking up your order.
They're not going to kick you out if you show in your window. The email is automated. it's the same one you get when you buy outside of launch day.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

Just go in, emails from here on out don’t matter. You can even go at 9 and they usually let you in.

Seekcraftbeer

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
So, I have a question involving In-Store Pick up as well.

Pre Ordered my 256GB Max, and in my excitement didnt realize I had a conflict with the time i choose for in-store pickup.

I called 1-800-my-apple to see if the could adjust it, and the customer service rep scheduled it for Thursday, the 20th.

Has anyone in their experience seen or heard of anyone picking up their phone a day before official launch?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So, I have a question involving In-Store Pick up as well.

Pre Ordered my 256GB Max, and in my excitement didnt realize I had a conflict with the time i choose for in-store pickup.

I called 1-800-my-apple to see if the could adjust it, and the customer service rep scheduled it for Thursday, the 20th.

Has anyone in their experience seen or heard of anyone picking up their phone a day before official launch?
Must be a mistake on their end. Technically, Apple can't release a handset a day earlier, They don't even receive batches of phones till the night or very early morning on launch day. Call them and re verify.

Also do know that you do not have to go at your scheduled window. You can go in earlier or later in the day or even the next day. I've done this and not had any issues being turned away because I went in the next day.

Reactions: yashz

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
anyone know how it works if you have two different pick up times at the same store?
my apple watch series 4 pick up is at 800-830 but my iphone pick up is at 1200-1230

Do i really need to go twice?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I ordered online for in store pickup, because delivery was not available for the 21st, but pickup was. When I picked a date and time for pickup, The 20th was available in the dropdown. But I kept the default they gave me, Fri at 8-8:30. That day early thing seemed suspicious.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
anyone know how it works if you have two different pick up times at the same store?
my apple watch series 4 pick up is at 800-830 but my iphone pick up is at 1200-1230

Do i really need to go twice?
No, but if both are ready for pick up, you can kindly ask if they can do to the one at 12 pm one earlier.
[doublepost=1536940932][/doublepost]
I ordered online for in store pickup, because delivery was not available for the 21st, but pickup was. When I picked a date and time for pickup, The 20th was available in the dropdown. But I kept the default they gave me, Fri at 8-8:30. That day early thing seemed suspicious.
Yea probably a system glitch. Definitely suspicious.

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
Posted this question in the watch thread because that's what I ordered, but thought I might get an answer here as well because of the topic.

Does anyone know how long they hold your item past the designated pickup window? It says they'll send an email reminder if you don't pick up, but after a certain amount of time the order may be cancelled.

I'm an idiot and completely forgot I'll be out of town 9/21-23, so I won't be able to pick up on the 21st. I'll potentially be able to get there on the 23rd late in the day, but not sure if they'll hold it that long.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Posted this question in the watch thread because that's what I ordered, but thought I might get an answer here as well because of the topic.

Does anyone know how long they hold your item past the designated pickup window? It says they'll send an email reminder if you don't pick up, but after a certain amount of time the order may be cancelled.

I'm an idiot and completely forgot I'll be out of town 9/21-23, so I won't be able to pick up on the 21st. I'll potentially be able to get there on the 23rd late in the day, but not sure if they'll hold it that long.
Since you paid for it, you have 14 days to pick it up. You don't even have to pick it up on launch day. They hold it for 14 days and after that they will refund you the money and send the item back to their warehouse.

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
Since you paid for it, you have 14 days to pick it up. You don't even have to pick it up on launch day. They hold it for 14 days and after that they will refund you the money and send the item back to their warehouse.

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the info. I've seen other retailers have time limits as low as 48 hours, so since I didn't see a specific length anywhere on Apple's site I was worried theirs might be similar.

Thanks again.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Oh, awesome. Thanks for the info. I've seen other retailers have time limits as low as 48 hours, so since I didn't see a specific length anywhere on Apple's site I was worried theirs might be similar.

Thanks again.
Typically if it's a walk-in reservation and you select a time, but didn't make it, they give you till end of the day. Since they aren't paid item yet. After that the system will reset and make that available for someone else the next day that is looking to get one. But since you already paid for it, its held in your name for 14 days.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Do I get charged at pick up or sometime this week? My order says in progress but I have not been billed.

Also I have my phone pick up window at 10:30 and my watch order at 11:30. Can I pick my watch up while I’m picking my phone ?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Do I get charged at pick up or sometime this week? My order says in progress but I have not been billed.

Also I have my phone pick up window at 10:30 and my watch order at 11:30. Can I pick my watch up while I’m picking my phone ?
Typically with pre-order in-store pick ups, you get charged the night before launch day. If you talk to the on-point and let them know that you have both pick up but one at 10:30 and one at 11:30 and ask them if they can runner up the 11:30 to be grouped together. IT shouldn't be a problem.

macdaddy1991

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
do you have to show the visa it was ordered on of just ID. Additionally, if you used someone elses visa so they could get some point does the name of the person picking up have match the visa or the name on the order?

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

Yes you can, they even let you go in before ur time if they aren’t busy
[doublepost=1536945229][/doublepost]
do you have to show the visa it was ordered on of just ID. Additionally, if you used someone elses visa so they could get some point does the name of the person picking up have match the visa or the name on the order?

Who’s account was it ordered under, if it’s yours it doesn’t matter about card

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Must be a mistake on their end. Technically, Apple can't release a handset a day earlier, They don't even receive batches of phones till the night or very early morning on launch day. Call them and re verify.

Also do know that you do not have to go at your scheduled window. You can go in earlier or later in the day or even the next day. I've done this and not had any issues being turned away because I went in the next day.

Well I sure hope that people who arrive at their scheduled time take precedence over someone showing up early! I chose 8-8:30 to get in, out and home to be able to sign for the phone and watch being delivered that day. If people with later appts show up and bump me I'm gonna have a red-headed temper tantrum!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Well I sure hope that people who arrive at their scheduled time take precedence over someone showing up early! I chose 8-8:30 to get in, out and home to be able to sign for the phone and watch being delivered that day. If people with later appts show up and bump me I'm gonna have a red-headed temper tantrum!
LOL Relax, of course they help with those who have that scheduled to come at their original time schedule as they are the priority. I guess they base it on how busy they are and the amount of staff they have working that day. Sometime they may even just tell you to come at your scheduled window. But for me since I work 8 to 3 on release day, I have set the window time of 4 to 4:30 but will still go there right after I get off and ask politely.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
LOL Relax, of course they help with those who have that scheduled to come at their original time schedule as they are the priority. I guess they base it on how busy they are and the amount of staff they have working that day. Sometime they may even just tell you to come at your scheduled window. But for me since I work 8 to 3 on release day, I have set the window time of 4 to 4:30 but will still go there right after I get off and ask politely.

phew..... i'm a bit high strung when it comes to my apple toys! :eek:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.