In store pickup - Verizon iPhone - Shipping Overseas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buntym, Nov 7, 2014.

1. buntym macrumors member

Hey all.

I just wanted to know if it was possible for me to order an iPhone for in-store pick up (T-Mobile, unlocked) and have my brother pick it up. Note that he would not have access to my credit card as I'm in a different country.

Also, it seems like T-Mobile availability is incredibly limited. I read threads here that say buying a Verizon piece at full price is unlocked. How would he go about doing this? I ask because when I lived in the US and bought my iPhone 3G, I was required to activate it in-store. Can he just go up to any employee and say he wants 2 Verizon iPhones at full price?

And lastly, does anyone have any experience in shipping iPhones overseas? Specifically to West African countries. Does DHL have any restrictions on Li-Ion batteries? I recall reading something to that degree a while back.

Thanks guys.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, first I believe if you order using the US apple store you need a US credit card. Second, when going to pick up the phone they ask for an ID and/or the credit card used for the purchase.

3. buntym thread starter macrumors member

I do have a US credit card. I decided to take a chance and place the order. iStock showed availability a few minutes ago and I jumped on it. On the website it states "When you pick up your order, remember to bring your payment card or order number, plus a valid photo ID." So I'm hoping that the order number + photo ID should suffice.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

But its not your photo id, so why would apple release a phone to someone else?

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Maybe because you ask them to? :cool:

Attached Files:

6. buntym thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I should have clarified. I selected the option for someone else to pick it up for me.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was unaware of that option, as I had not needed to go that route.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Should work fine. I have wondered, though, if they ask to see the credit card. Good luck.