In-store pickup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jfc123, Jun 17, 2012.

1. jfc123 macrumors newbie

When do you think the Macbook pro with retina display will be available for in-store pickup? I want to get it in NH to avoid sales tax but I need it before July 22.

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

Many stores are carrying them now if you shop around. I don't see why you couldn't get one in the next week.

Maybe I'm completely wrong though.

3. DrStevebrule macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm finding it pretty difficult to locate one. Anyone know anything in the Atlanta area?

4. jfc123 thread starter macrumors newbie

They are on display at my local apple store, but I want to get a customized version.

5. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

There are several reports of Best Buy having a few in stock at each store.

Cheers,

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

Everyone who missed the first batch are getting their notebooks around the same time (mid July) I think it might be safe to assume that's when the supply will finally meet demand and stores will have ample supply.

I also heard from a apple store sales associate that apple prioritizes online orders when supply are limited. He could have been talking out of his ass but it's food for thought.

7. jfc123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks guys I guess Ill just wait for after my CA trip. Its not worth ordering it now but paying nearly 300 more

8. IanGahagan macrumors member

I have a similar question, I put a deposit on a retina at my local apple store 1 hour after wwdc, does the deposit basically give me first dibs on one when they come in stock at the store? The apple rep took down my phone number and scanned my card but never charged me.