In-Store purchase on the 16th?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Clint1583, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Clint1583 macrumors regular

I didn't make the opening night ordering for the new watch and was wondering if going to an Apple Store or Best Buy on the 16th would be a waste of time in buying a watch? Would they already all be pre-purchased?

I'm leaving for an extended trip just after this date so attempting to get one by online ordering seems a little remote at this point.

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

3. phixionalninja macrumors regular

I don't have a definitive answer for you, but since they didn't allow preordering for in store pickup, I would assume that the stores will have some stock available. We ordered watches that won't deliver until the end of the month, so I'm vaguely hoping they'll have a couple left when we go in for our pickup appointment at 8:30.

4. Cubbiemolly macrumors newbie

Cubbiemolly

That's odd. I preordered later in the day and I arranged to have it sent to my local store. I picked between 5:30 and 6:00. It says it will be at the store ready for me on the 16th. This is through Apple Canada. I am at work during the day and didn't won't to have it arrive when I was out so I am now guaranteed to get it on Friday.

5. matt9013 macrumors 6502

matt9013

I think you could. I plan on doing it. Stores were pretty much handing these out for free to get rid of stock. I can't see GPS and waterproofing making these anymore popular than they already were.

6. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

I ordered online and I buy another AW 2 with an new iPhone 7 (the big one) on 16th. Apple Store rocks!

7. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I'm definitely going to try. I'm hoping for a Ceramic one or maybe Space Black SS.